Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ZigZagZombie 4th February 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 126238)
Even though I really shouldnt be buying anthing due to my lack of funds I picked ordered a couple of disks from amazon.co.uk

Dead End Drive In (Anchor Bay)
The Spook Who Sat By The Door

Really looking forward to seeing both of them (or in the case of TSWSBTD seeing it again).

Just had a quick look at the Wikipedia entries for these (which are both new to me I must confess) and the premises certainly sound interesting.

Yup, 'tis all too easy to order stuff online eh? Whilst the convenience and low prices can't be sniffed at it's still shocking how quickly one can empty their bank account. Makes me wonder if there's an equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous for DVD/BR addicts.

Incidentally, just noticed that Herbie Hancock did the soundtrack for TSWSBTD. Now my curiosity is most certainly piqued :cool:

BioZombie 4th February 2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZigZagZombie (Post 126248)
Just had a quick look at the Wikipedia entries for these (which are both new to me I must confess) and the premises certainly sound interesting.

Yup, 'tis all too easy to order stuff online eh? Whilst the convenience and low prices can't be sniffed at it's still shocking how quickly one can empty their bank account. Makes me wonder if there's an equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous for DVD/BR addicts.

Incidentally, just noticed that Herbie Hancock did the soundtrack for TSWSBTD. Now my curiosity is most certainly piqued :cool:

If you look in the Reccommened Blacksploitation thread I posted the trailer for TSWSBTD which give you a good feel for the film.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/expl...n-films-6.html

The soundtrack is excellent :cool:

nekromantik 4th February 2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 126158)
That is a really nasty film and one that almost defies logic as you just have to wonder: could he really has set up all those traps in such a short period of time? Also, where do you go to buy all of the equipment like industrial size barrels of acid and wouldn't that arouse suspicion? Anyway, I bet it sounds awesome in high definition as that was one of the loudest films I saw last year!

The Spaghetti Western Collection was delivered yesterday and Once upon a Time in America was shipped on Tuesday so hopefully that will arrive today. That's probably about 10 hours of Sergio Leone filmmaking!

yeah very tru
I already seen it and thought it was decent and under-rated!
but had to wait for price drop :)
looking forward to the sequel

pedromonkey 4th February 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 126238)
Even though I really shouldnt be buying anthing due to my lack of funds I picked ordered a couple of disks from amazon.co.uk

Dead End Drive In (Anchor Bay)

good choice, DEDI is a great fun oz flick, you should enjoy it.

BioZombie 4th February 2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 126255)
good choice, DEDI is a great fun oz flick, you should enjoy it.

I've been meaning to get it for a while and it was less than a fiver with postage from amazon.co.uk. It'll also help increase my ever expanding ozfilm collection. Next on my radar is Turkey Shoot, which I've seen and loved.

pedromonkey 4th February 2011 04:41 PM

that's one ive never seen, i got Dead End Drive In on a double feature disc with Cut and Run from ABUS, it was pretty cheap. less that £6 i think.not seen Cut and Run yet though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 126165)

Bought it the other day B-Wish they had used the artwork on the poster inside.:(

Real Gialli-like! :cool:

ZigZagZombie 4th February 2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 126249)
If you look in the Reccommened Blacksploitation thread I posted the trailer for TSWSBTD which give you a good feel for the film.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/expl...n-films-6.html

The soundtrack is excellent :cool:

Cheers for the link man, I'll have a gander shortly :)

mbv 4th February 2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 126120)
where did you find them because i have been looking everywhere...

the postman dropped off A Bay Of Blood today, looking forward to it...

PLay had them for 6.99, 7.99 and 8.99euros can't remember which was which tho!

bdc 4th February 2011 09:24 PM

The poster certainly would have made a great cover Reaps. :nod:
Think I'll give this a spin tonight...