Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Gojirosan 14th November 2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 48094)
That's a really good boxset you bought there! All the films are excellent - although I'm not that fond of Stagefright - but still all great! :clap:

Yeah, Stagefright isn't great, but it's watchable enough and Marlene is fantastic as ever.

Jealousy won: I've ordered the Universal Dracula set! :lol:

Philleh 14th November 2009 02:59 PM

Just picked up:

Clockers
Blood Bothers

42ndStreetFreak 14th November 2009 04:03 PM

OOOOOOOOOO! Goodies! But so many more goodies already to watch. :loco:

"Chemical Wedding" - £2. Had to give this thing a try. BRUCE!!

"Perfect Creature" - 50p. Some Vampire thing.

"MERCS"; 10 film set - Funky set of Exploitation/War flicks (Mixed quality to say the least, but not too bad and some rare, violent, trashy funstuffs for a good price), that includes;
1. Strike Commando.
2. Mannigan's Force
3. Death Raiders
4. Operation Nam ("Cobra Mission")
5. Fireback
6. Raiders of the Magic Ivory
7. The Last Mercenary
8. Soldiers of Fortune
9. WarBus
10. Tiger Joe

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 14th November 2009 06:20 PM

I just ordered a double bill of Billy Chong! Containing Crystal Fist and Kung Fu Zombie

I've never seen either of these films, and I know that sadly the DVD quality will probably be terrible! But for 89p (exc. p&p) I can't moan THAT much lol! I hope anyway.

Anyone seen either film?

vincenzo 14th November 2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 48112)
"Chemical Wedding" - £2. Had to give this thing a try. BRUCE!!

Let us know what you think of this, 42nd. I haven't got round to seeing it yet but it sounds pretty strong stuff.

mark meakin 14th November 2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 48094)
That's a really good boxset you bought there! All the films are excellent - although I'm not that fond of Stagefright - but still all great! :clap:

I love Dial M For Murder (Shame it's never been released on dvd in the 3D version) & Strangers On A Train.The 2-disc version of the later contains two cuts of the film.

pedromonkey 14th November 2009 07:29 PM

just ordered from ebay....

jeepers creepers
La Femme Nikita
Ilsa: she wolf of the S.S
the beyond
blood of heroes ( aka salute of the jugger)
Ms. 45
aligator

all for 48 quid.........

Kyle 14th November 2009 07:36 PM

just ordered these from amazon for £50

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...69/659152x.jpghttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...69/667097x.jpghttp://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...lwc-eureka.jpg

Daemonia 14th November 2009 08:35 PM

I watched Interview with the Vampire on Blu-ray last week and thought it looked terrific. At first glance you think 'How is this better than the DVD?' then you realise you can see all the details in the dark scenes that were non-existent on the DVD. When I compared the DVD side-by-side with the Blu-ray, it was like night and day - the Blu-ray transfer is so much superior!

42ndStreetFreak 14th November 2009 09:26 PM

NICE!! :woot:

Kyle 14th November 2009 09:34 PM

sadly when they arrive i have to give them over to my mum who's going to send them to santa for me :pout:

42ndStreetFreak 14th November 2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 48201)
sadly when they arrive i have to give them over to my mum who's going to send them to santa for me :pout:

:doh:
:pound:

pedromonkey 14th November 2009 10:48 PM

got uncut i spit on your grave for 2.98..

LineSix 14th November 2009 11:36 PM

A couple more X-Rated Kult releases, Angelina: Lady of the Night (Which was released over here just as Lady of the Night. Also, it doesn't even have English language I don't think, just German. :doh:) and Emanuelle Nera which I think is Black Emanuelle 2 over here. I got them both for £30 inc. shipping, so £15 a piece really. That's probably more than I should be paying for these films but it's kinda like an addiction now as hardboxes are just far superior to amarays/keep cases, and the artwork is almost always better, and plus, if I ever do sell them they have a pretty good resell value, which tends to go up rather than down, especially outside of Germany/Austria where they are more commonly found.

Gigantor 15th November 2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 48132)
I just ordered a double bill of Billy Chong! Containing Crystal Fist and Kung Fu Zombie

I've never seen either of these films, and I know that sadly the DVD quality will probably be terrible! But for 89p (exc. p&p) I can't moan THAT much lol! I hope anyway.

Anyone seen either film?

YES!

CRYSTAL FIST is Chop socky fun and KUNG FU ZOMBIE is just plain fun.Just don't forget to bring a napkin as there's going to be some cheese.

Gigantor 15th November 2009 09:17 AM

GODS MUST BE CRAZY 1 to 4

ponga 15th November 2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Finished watching Machine Girl on BR a few mins ago. Its really fantastic. Its about a girl who gets her arm chopped off for trying to get back at her brothers killers, she comes back at them for revenge with a machinece gun arm.Tonnes of blood drenched top gore, some cool martial arts, and a load of over the top evil Yakuza just dying to be slaughtered. I belive this was made by the same people as Tokyo Gore Police and Meatball Machines. These guys have obviously learned their trade watching early Peter Jackson and Sam Raimi as the gore and style are very reminissent of Bad Taste and Evil Dead. There is also an excellent homage to Master of The Flying Guillotine with the main Yakuza boss uing the fatal weapon to decapitate and remove limbs.

I reccomend this to eveyone!!!
Unbeliveable this movie on BD!:laugh:
I've US DVD from Tokyo Shock and I agree with you this movie
very fun ,the blood splatter scene are cool! I've liked the Machine Girl
as same as Versus.Japanese cult movies ruled!

...This BD is region free?

ponga 15th November 2009 09:34 AM

Not horror movies...
1.(BD) Star Trek (2009) Limited Edition
...from amazon US

2.(DVD) Mother (Korean)
...from yesasia :popcorn:

bdc 15th November 2009 09:36 AM

Found this used (like new).
Intruder (1989) (Living Colour Entertainment,R2)

mark meakin 15th November 2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 48201)

Hope you've been a good little boy this year or Santa won't come !.

Kyle 15th November 2009 10:13 AM

im always good :biggrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th November 2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 48169)
I watched Interview with the Vampire on Blu-ray last week and thought it looked terrific. At first glance you think 'How is this better than the DVD?' then you realise you can see all the details in the dark scenes that were non-existent on the DVD. When I compared the DVD side-by-side with the Blu-ray, it was like night and day - the Blu-ray transfer is so much superior!

Music to my ears D!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th November 2009 10:17 AM

This weeks Blu-Ray buys were....

FIRST BLOOD
RAMBO II
RAMBO III
THE DESCENT
GRAN TURINO
KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
BRAVEHEART

I'm away today to get a new tv stand.Hopefully the frigging telly will arrive tomorrow!:mad2:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 15th November 2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 48219)
YES!

CRYSTAL FIST is Chop socky fun and KUNG FU ZOMBIE is just plain fun.Just don't forget to bring a napkin as there's going to be some cheese.

Wahoo! :woot: Cheers Gigantor - there's not that much on the web about them - but from the bits I've seen on youtube they look like great cheesy fun! Can't wait now!

vincenzo 15th November 2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 48250)
Hope you've been a good little boy this year or Santa won't come !.

As long as he hasn't been......... NAUGHTY!! :scared::scared:

Gigantor 15th November 2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 48257)
Wahoo! :woot: Cheers Gigantor - there's not that much on the web about them - but from the bits I've seen on youtube they look like great cheesy fun! Can't wait now!

Watch KUNG FU ZOMBIE first
let me know what you think of it and the other film

vipco 15th November 2009 05:38 PM

I can fully recommend any of the 3 WWE BluRay events currently available here in the UK.

True, some of the matches might'nt be great but the BluRay disc PQ is pretty good.

WWE WrestleMania XXIV.....£15.00 *
WWE Royal Rumble 09.......£19.99 *
WWE SummerSlam 09 .....£19.99 *

Next WWE BluRay release will be the 2 disc WWE WrestleMania 25th Anniversary Ed. .

* Current HMV In Store Price.

BioZombie 16th November 2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponga (Post 48241)
Unbeliveable this movie on BD!:laugh:
I've US DVD from Tokyo Shock and I agree with you this movie
very fun ,the blood splatter scene are cool! I've liked the Machine Girl
as same as Versus.Japanese cult movies ruled!

...This BD is region free?

It says reigon 2 on the back. I would say that the blu-ray probably isnt that much better than the dvd in this case. The transfer is pretty dodgy and no HD audio. Plus I believe the us dvd has way more features. But the film sure is fantastic :)

bdc 16th November 2009 09:20 AM

Invasion of the Blood Farmers (Retromedia)

Gojirosan 16th November 2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 48454)
Invasion of the Blood Farmers (Retromedia)

An all-time classic film title that never fails to make me smile! I've never seen it. You must let us know what it's like!

Gojirosan 16th November 2009 10:36 AM

My AWE uncut, anamorphic Cold Eyes Of Fear just arrived!!!

WOOHOO!!!

:woot:

bdc 16th November 2009 06:07 PM

Nice one!
Have fun watching!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th November 2009 07:25 PM

HD TV arrives on Wednesday!:woot:

Bought Freddy vs Jason from HMV yesterday.

Some of those BR prices in HMV -PREDATOR 1&2 £23 quid each,FULL METAL JACKET £25....Who the f**k they trying to kid?:shocked:

broonage 17th November 2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 48478)
My AWE uncut, anamorphic Cold Eyes Of Fear just arrived!!!

WOOHOO!!!

:woot:

Apologies if this has been covered before. :)

I have a couple of Darkside mag copies of this film, any idea what the difference is to the AWE release?
Enjoy anyway, great film, great music.

broonage 17th November 2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 48724)
Apologies if this has been covered before. :)

I have a couple of Darkside mag copies of this film, any idea what the difference is to the AWE release?
Enjoy anyway, great film, great music.

Ok ignore this post!! Just saw the answer in the Enzo thread!!

Gojirosan 17th November 2009 09:59 AM

Today's post brought a Swedish release of Tenebre. Great film. Been meaning to upgrade my VHS for ages, but because I painstakingly edited it together from two sources to get an uncut one, I've always had a soft spot for that video! :laugh:

Gojirosan 17th November 2009 11:06 AM

This version of Tenebre (sic) is nice! Anamorphic, decent print - not as sharp as that Japanese DVD that was about, but also not entirely blue (the colour seems fine here)! It's certainly sharper than that fuzzy mess AB released in the UK!

And it's uncut unlike the AB versions!

Pleased! :woot:

Daemonia 17th November 2009 01:31 PM

I agree, Reaps - you can get Blu-ray's for a fraction of those prices online!

And make sure you pick up Hellraiser, it looks absolutely stunning on Blu-ray - you can even see shadows moving in the shadows, the detail is that good!! It's superb. One of the best HD transfers I've ever seen - and you can't go wrong for £6.99!

I've also just ordered the BU Blu-ray of The New York Ripper and the UK Blu-ray of Reservoir Dogs. Blu-ray has really sparked off my collecting obsession again, much to the wife's annoyance. :D

mbv 17th November 2009 06:46 PM

Picked up Toxic Avenger and Octopus :behindsofa: for 2 euro each today.

BioZombie 17th November 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 48601)

Some of those BR prices in HMV -PREDATOR 1&2 £23 quid each,

Id stay away from the Preditor blu ray at any price Ive heard the transfer is abismal.