Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sargento 6th February 2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 126584)
I grew tired of waiting for my order to be shipped from DVD Pacific so ordered the R1 Flesh for Frankenstein from Amazon marketplace.

Had a problem with Amazon Marketplace last week, mother's card details were stolen from there. If it hadn't been for her Mastercard security stuff, she would have been £570 lighter! It was only when her bank smelled a rat they blocked the sale.

:mmph:

oaxaca 6th February 2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 126587)
Had a problem with Amazon Marketplace last week, mother's card details were stolen from there. If it hadn't been for her Mastercard security stuff, she would have been £570 lighter! It was only when her bank smelled a rat they blocked the sale.

That is worrying!!!

On a happier note, I received ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA through the post on the third, a full 4 days prior to the official release date! Thank you Zavvi :D

nekromantik 6th February 2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

thats surprising as Amazon are not meant to give out card details to sellers as its Amazon themselves who do the payments and then send it to the sellers.

Sargento 6th February 2011 12:38 PM

It really is worrying how secure the Marketplace is. Halifax did in fact have evidence that I won't go into of course to suggest it was the seller on the actual Marketplace that tried to make the secondary transaction. It has made me think a little and almost put my ELDERLY mother off shopping and banking on the web completely! Some damage limitation needs to be made me thinks.

Anyway, let's get back to happy stuff guys. Just ordered Art of the Nasty book .. can't wait for that. It's the 2009 re-print too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th February 2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

I've never had a problem with Amazon Marketplace and have only been subject to fraud once, several years ago, when someone managed to hack into DVD Pacific's database and take all of the card details held there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 126591)

On a happier note, I received ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA through the post on the third, a full 4 days prior to the official release date! Thank you Zavvi :D

My copy arrived yesterday (from Play.com) but, with a runtime like that, it will be a case of finding an entire evening with nothing going on so I can watch it!

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th February 2011 01:03 PM

Yeah he said he always saw it as a comic book. The biggest problem I have is the baseball furies scene. If he had left that alone, I could probably handle the rest of the film a bit easier.

BioZombie 6th February 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 126577)
The biggest problem for me is that the comic scenes look too fresh, not like comic art from the 70's but more like a mid/late 90's style onwards.

I really dont like the way Hill has monkeyed around with The Warriors. To me the comic book scenes look tacky and unprofessional, but I guess its his film and he can do what he wants.

However, I wont be buying the blu-ray 'till an original version is avaliable. :mmph:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th February 2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 126577)
The biggest problem for me is that the comic scenes look too fresh, not like comic art from the 70's but more like a mid/late 90's style onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 126661)
I really dont like the way Hill has monkeyed around with The Warriors. To me the comic book scenes look tacky and unprofessional, but I guess its his film and he can do what he wants.

However, I wont be buying the blu-ray 'till an original version is avaliable. :mmph:

My thoughts exactly. However, I think we'll be waiting a LONG time for the original version to surface on Blu, though. :(

oaxaca 7th February 2011 09:59 AM

Decided to splash out on these 2 American beauties from amazon marketplace:dance::

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn.../06/bogart.jpg

It may take them a month to reach me but its gonna be worth the wait :p

Also got this off base.com:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...%20blu-ray.jpg

Pete 7th February 2011 10:15 AM

Watched the original Inglorious Bastards last night and it looked fantastic, Severin done an amazing job. Unfortunately, the model trains at the end were more obvious than ever.

Cant wait for Eagles Over London to arrive.