Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 28th August 2017 05:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Picked up Apollo 2disc for 50p:) local charity shop had the Cruise/Statham dvds at 50p each as they had badly damaged cases, brought about by those stupid locking gadgets that are almost impossible to remove, shocking that new films like these still come with the bloody things, bought one from a supermarket ages ago and the woman at checkout said "sorry we don't know anything about these" nice.
(of course just swapped the cases for some I had spare)

platostotal 28th August 2017 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Re above, this is the offender, an idea from the U.S. (where there are loads of complaints of staff not knowing/forgetting to use the unlock gadget and the punter gets home and the disc cases have to be broken to get the damn thing off) stupid idea to stop theft, yeah a thief will stop if they have to break the case... not.

gag 28th August 2017 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All 50p each from cex in Blackpool

trebor8273 28th August 2017 08:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These arrived on saturday.

trebor8273 29th August 2017 10:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Today's delivery's

SymbioticFunction 29th August 2017 01:56 PM

Am on my way to HMV to pick up the 40th anniversary blu-ray of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's just 9 pounds at HMV and Cex are offering 2 pounds cash for the old disc. So I'll be just seven pounds out of pocket for a recent 4K mastered print and brand new extras (am keen to see the new 70+ min documentary). Been meaning to upgrade for a while now and am finally doing so because of the sad death of Tobe Hooper. btw Am also curious as to how the recent disc's lossless 7.1 track will sound on my 6.1 set-up. I know it's fairly sacrilegious not to go with original mono tracks but I like also having a surround sound option.

Buboven 29th August 2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 548305)
Am on my way to HMV to pick up the 40th anniversary blu-ray of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's just 9 pounds at HMV and Cex are offering 2 pounds cash for the old disc. So I'll be just seven pounds out of pocket for a recent 4K mastered print and brand new extras (am keen to see the new 70+ min documentary). Been meaning to upgrade for a while now and am finally doing so because of the sad death of Tobe Hooper. btw Am also curious as to how the recent disc's lossless 7.1 track will sound on my 6.1 set-up. I know it's fairly sacrilegious not to go with original mono tracks but I like also having a surround sound option.

I never knew there was a new documentary on it?

Justin101 29th August 2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 548307)
I never knew there was a new documentary on it?

It's the reason I bought it again! Ironically I've not even watched it yet :lol:

Justin101 29th August 2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 548204)
Re above, this is the offender, an idea from the U.S. (where there are loads of complaints of staff not knowing/forgetting to use the unlock gadget and the punter gets home and the disc cases have to be broken to get the damn thing off) stupid idea to stop theft, yeah a thief will stop if they have to break the case... not.

You can get them out if you have a thin knife, you put it in on the underneath side and it unlocks it then you can slide it out - the number of times I've had to do this with HMV discs is beyond a joke - I always check them at the counter now :lol:

Buboven 29th August 2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 548308)
It's the reason I bought it again! Ironically I've not even watched it yet :lol:

What is the new doc called? I only saw the two old docs on the special features.

You are referring to the Second Sight disc, right?