Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

monkeypedro 30th August 2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 548451)
Which label is Special Cop in Action on, Mp?

It was released by Dorado Films.

I ordered direct from Dorado but it's cheaper to get from Strange Vice when they have it in stock.
Strange Vice | Products

Susan Foreman 30th August 2017 01:31 PM

Following on from July, August has also been a dry month for me, with absolutely nothing being added to the pile

I hope this financial drought ends soon, I really do

gag 30th August 2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 548476)
Following on from July, August has also been a dry month for me, with absolutely nothing being added to the pile

I hope this financial drought ends soon, I really do

Go charity shops or cex and places like that , amount films you find for 50p etc or a £1
Go in with a fiver and get about 4 5 films better than nothing ..
And a fiver hardly going break the bank

Susan Foreman 30th August 2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 548481)
Go charity shops or cex and places like that , amount films you find for 50p etc or a £1
Go in with a fiver and get about 4 5 films better than nothing ..
And a fiver hardly going break the bank

Thanks, but those are the kind of places I tend to go to

It's a combination of no money and nothing of interest being available

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th August 2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 548483)

I was on Morecambe market yesterday and checked out a few charity shops as well as i wanted a quick dvd spending fix but there was nothing at all worth buying.

Sometimes it's just like that isn't it.

Except for Trebor that is. Who manages to find the complete RaroUSA bluray collection in every charity shop he goes in.

gag 30th August 2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 548483)

My partner lives around Blackpool area , I'm 30 miles away and occasionally we go out for day to places like Manchester to see my son , so we can also vary the charity shops and cex etc and not stuck to the same old local one with having nowt new in.

Buboven 30th August 2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 548432)
I was trying not to buy anything while away at Frightfest but failed on the last day as spent £90 at the Arrow stand as they had some crazy offers on their Asian titles (3 for £20) and i was gutted as i missed out on the original Battle without Honour and Humanity boxset as it went out of print and couldn't refuse as was priced up at £50.

I managed to make a quick dash into Fopp over the weekend and got Prisoners of the Lost Universe and Solar Warriors cheap from their new Sci-Fi promotion.

The rest of the stuff was waiting for me when i got home yesterday.

Damn, been wanting to get the original Battle Without Honour or Humanity set after watching the films on Itunes but it is going for over 100 quid on Ebay.

Gutted.

Will just have to hope I win the lottery tonight :pray:

iank 31st August 2017 08:12 AM

Arrived:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ik8AA...nVF/s-l300.jpg

Justin101 31st August 2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 548503)
Damn, been wanting to get the original Battle Without Honour or Humanity set after watching the films on Itunes but it is going for over 100 quid on Ebay.

Gutted.

I got mine in mint condition on the CEX website, i think it was £45, worth keeping your eye out, I've found that Arrow boxed sets are usually '1 careful owner' kind of jobs at CEX.

keirarts 31st August 2017 09:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 548503)

Gutted.

Or just wait till HMV put the individual releases in the 5 for £30. It's going to happen. Really glad the series is getting new fans. Its one of my favourite crime epics. Difficult to follow first time round and needs some re-watching.
I've not spent a whole lot. Managed to get these though. The books were an extravagance perhaps but it was a little over £20 for both with postage included and I've seen them most other places quite a bit dearer. I have a horrible suspicion night terrors may be a cut release. Its Italian and was £4. The cheapness makes me wonder.

Attachment 194394 Attachment 194395

Attachment 194396