Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 29th September 2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 552453)
The Jungle Book, The Sword in the Stone & Cinderella of the 'classic' Disney's, and Moana, Zootropolis & Wreck-It Ralph from the newer productions.

I'm more confused now, I was set on getting Robin Hood but I was seriously considering Moana and Zootropolis in the shop earlier but I couldn't decide between the two :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552455)
I'm more confused now, I was set on getting Robin Hood but I was seriously considering Moana and Zootropolis in the shop earlier but I couldn't decide between the two :lol:

Easy solution: swap from Pinocchio for Robin Hood and buy both Moana and Zootropolis.

Justin101 29th September 2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 552458)
Easy solution: swap from Pinocchio for Robin Hood and buy both Moana and Zootropolis.

:lol: I like your style but I'll get told off haha, I've already been moaned out for buying 2 discs today haha

I'm supposed to be saving for a mortgage deposit... I'm terrible at not buying myself presents though.

SilverSurfer 29th September 2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552459)
I've already been moaned out for buying 2 discs today haha

Who moaned at you?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552459)
:lol: I like your style but I'll get told off haha, I've already been moaned out for buying 2 discs today haha

I'm supposed to be saving for a mortgage deposit... I'm terrible at not buying myself presents though.

If it's one of the three and saving for a mortgage, then I would buy Zootropolis. It's a film I saw at the cinema, have seen several times at home and bought the US release so it has the original title on the packaging and in the dialogue: Zootopia.

Justin101 29th September 2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 552462)
Who moaned at you?

The other half :lol: He's already saved 10k to my 2 :cool: I'm a terrible saver haha

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552464)
The other half :lol: He's already saved 10k to my 2 :cool: I'm a terrible saver haha

Does he prefer classic or modern Disney films? The answer to that question may be an important factor in Whether you go with Robin Hood or Zootropolis/Moana.

This is something else to bear in mind: Zootropolis doesn't contain any songs, whereas Moana has quite a few – all of them very good.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2017 08:02 PM

I might go in on Tuesday when I'll be in town and buy Moana and the live-action Beauty and the Beast; I recently bought Finding Dory so they are the only two films in that offer I don't own!

Justin101 29th September 2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 552468)
Does he prefer classic or modern Disney films? The answer to that question may be an important factor in Whether you go with Robin Hood or Zootropolis/Moana.

This is something else to bear in mind: Zootropolis doesn't contain any songs, whereas Moana has quite a few – all of them very good.

He doesn't like anything that isn't Japanese :lol: so neither. I saw the trailer for Zootropolis and thought it looked really fun, but I'm also really interested in Maori culture. I'll just see what happens when I get there tomorrow, it'll be one of the three.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552471)
He doesn't like anything that isn't Japanese :lol: so neither. I saw the trailer for Zootropolis and thought it looked really fun, but I'm also really interested in Maori culture. I'll just see what happens when I get there tomorrow, it'll be one of the three.

Apart from two of them featuring anthropomorphised animals and the other one humans (plus some other nonhuman characters), they are very different films.

Maybe it's a case of buying one and getting the other two the next time HMV run the offer or when you have a deposit for a house, whichever is sooner!