Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 4th November 2017 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Various prices from different shops some where a £1
If in a sleeve with 5 postcards
And I couldn't really afford curse of the werewolf but its limited edition numbered 1187 of only 2000 in a steel book with 8 postcards based on the original uk, still for £12 , so would be rude not to :skull:

marvinnashsear 4th November 2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 556567)
Various prices from different shops some where a £1
If in a sleeve with 5 postcards
And I couldn't really afford curse of the werewolf but its limited edition numbered 1187 of only 2000 in a steel book with 8 postcards based on the original uk, still for £12 , so would be rude not to :skull:

Load of good films there, gag. Got If... for Xmas last year and loved it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th November 2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 556563)
This weeks new arrivals.

The first five were from Network's sale. The Manitou is a film i've been on the look out for quite a while and has always been around £20 second hand. This was a fiver from Music Magpie. The Holmes box set and Zookeepers Wife were from Sainsbury's and the last two throwaway horrors from Music Magpie.

I see you bought The Night Won't Talk – I hope you enjoy it and find it interesting to see Ballard Berkeley in a role other than Major Gowen in Fawlty Towers.

trebor8273 4th November 2017 06:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Batman from HMV and was giving House set.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 556581)
I see you bought The Night Won't Talk – I hope you enjoy it and find it interesting to see Ballard Berkeley in a role other than Major Gowen in Fawlty Towers.

I remembered you said it was good after you bought it last time, Nos.

Berkeley is in the British set giallo The Weekend Murders alongside the likes of Ida Galli.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th November 2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 556586)
I remembered you said it was good after you bought it last time, Nos.

Berkeley is in the British set giallo The Weekend Murders alongside the likes of Ida Galli.

I had completely forgotten about that, but it has been years since I watched my DVD.

J Harker 5th November 2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

This weeks new arrivals.

The first five were from Network's sale. The Manitou is a film i've been on the look out for quite a while and has always been around £20 second hand. This was a fiver from Music Magpie. The Holmes box set and Zookeepers Wife were from Sainsbury's and the last two throwaway horrors from Music Magpie.

Have you seen the Cushing Holmes before Dem?

platostotal 5th November 2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

This weeks new arrivals.

Quite surprised how much I liked Manitou after not seeing it for decades, Wyngarde as King is quite a hoot, I assume you have the Network Dept S box, it's a much better series than JK, much more Avengers like, having said that JK is still great cult TV tho.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 556642)
Have you seen the Cushing Holmes before Dem?

Not that series.

I have seen The Masks of Death, the tv movie from 84, but none of the 1968 tv productions starring Cushing.

What i didn't realize is that the episodes starring Cushing are a follow up series to the 1965 Douglas Wilmer series that i bought a few weeks ago which the BFI released.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 556644)
Quite surprised how much I liked Manitou after not seeing it for decades, Wyngarde as King is quite a hoot, I assume you have the Network Dept S box, it's a much better series than JK, much more Avengers like, having said that JK is still great cult TV tho.

I thought Dept S was good but never as good when Wyngarde wasn't on screen. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of him in Jason King.