Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151393Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2017, 12:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched that the other night. It's not bad. A lot of cameos. Landis practically stars in the film as a terrorist.
To be honest i can barely remember it.
Old 15th December 2017, 04:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Two blind buys for me, The Monster Club from the recent Network sale, and Showgirls, I've been meaning to buy for ages, waited for the UK release but it turns out it's not in full HD it's in 1080i so I grabbed the German one! I think I might be saving it to watch on Christmas Day with my flatmate

Attached Images
File Type: jpg File 15-12-2017, 17 24 38.jpg (107.0 KB, 10 views)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th December 2017, 06:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Friday pick-ups, Electra Glide BD was a nice surprise in HMV for £8.99, Soylent & Bloodwork dvd were 50p each in Cancer Research...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elec.jpg (19.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg green.jpg (18.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Blood work_2D_DVd.jpg (42.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 15th December 2017, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One delivery and just booked tickets to star wars at the IMAX for Monday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg download (10).jpeg (18.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 16th December 2017, 07:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

91hfcsV+SWL._SL1500_.jpg
Old 16th December 2017, 08:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Bought a Star Wars cgi animated Clone Wars blu-ray boxset from Zavvi. Cost 30.59 pounds with XMASBOX10 10% discount. That seems like a good price considering that it is Seasons 1-5 and roughly 28 hours of content. Will take me a while to get through.

I've previously watched several episodes from Season 1 and completely dismissed it but everyone assures me that during Season 3 it becomes pretty amazing from then on in. This should make a nice addition to my 8 film Star Wars collection.

Pleasingly all the episodes are in 2.35:1 (I think they were originally broadcast in 1.78:1 with information missing from the sides?) and in surround sound. And apparently later on in the series, there are 3 or 4 episode arcs that kinda play out like animated movies. So this should be quite good fun to watch if you are a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; 16th December 2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 16th December 2017, 08:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

^ Excellent. You will not be disappointed.
These episodes are great. Of note is that they feature characters such as Jedi Knights which only had background roles in the prequel films.
I will point out Season 2 Episode ' Landing At Point Rain' as a favourite of mine.

You should check out Star Wars Rebels. If you like The Clone Wars, you will LOVE Rebels.
Old 16th December 2017, 09:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I could be wrong here but my understanding is that each Clone Wars episode's story was approved or authorized by George Lucas. So perhaps it could be argued that these are somehow more 'canon' than the 3 Disney movie entries? If I enjoy the show, I'll also pick up a blu-ray of the 75% completed 6th Season - available from the US, Australia or Germany I think.
Old 16th December 2017, 09:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yes. For completion the 6th season and The Clone Wars movie.

Nice one.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 16th December 2017, 09:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Bought a Star Wars cgi animated Clone Wars blu-ray boxset from Zavvi. Cost 30.59 pounds with XMASBOX10 10% discount. That seems like a good price considering that it is Seasons 1-5 and roughly 28 hours of content. Will take me a while to get through.

I've previously watched several episodes from Season 1 and completely dismissed it but everyone assures me that during Season 3 it becomes pretty amazing from then on in. This should make a nice addition to my 8 film Star Wars collection.

Pleasingly all the episodes are in 2.35:1 (I think they were originally broadcast in 1.78:1 with information missing from the sides?) and in surround sound. And apparently later on in the series, there are 3 or 4 episode arcs that kinda play out like animated movies. So this should be quite good fun to watch if you are a Star Wars fan.

as others have said its a brilliant show far out shining the prequels, not sure but i think from season three onwards is when George took less control on the show, season one was just basically setting up the characters etc and it is cannon as is rebels

also worth getting six as it ties stuff into a new hope and answers some important questions

Like this? Share it using the links below!