Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th December 2017 03:04 PM

I received Chinatown: Premium Collection today, which is I now know is number 40 and doesn't have any art cards, but a six page paper booklet with writing and photos. When I have them all on a shelf, I'll add a photo.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th December 2017 05:22 PM

Went to Glasgow today with the intention of picking up a few of the 2 for £15 Premium Collection titles I still have to get, but realised when I got there that I didn’t really want any of them, so I picked up The Villainess from Arrow, and The Brave Archer & Bride From Hell from 88 Films.

marvinnashsear 18th December 2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 560665)
Went to Glasgow today with the intention of picking up a few of the 2 for £15 Premium Collection titles I still have to get, but realised when I got there that I didn’t really want any of them, so I picked up The Villainess from Arrow, and The Brave Archer & Bride From Hell from 88 Films.

I really enjoyed The Villainess but could you tell me when you've watched it if some shots looked kind of jittery? Its not the whole film just certain shots, not even whole scenes.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th December 2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 560672)
I really enjoyed The Villainess but could you tell me when you've watched it if some shots looked kind of jittery? Its not the whole film just certain shots, not even whole scenes.

I’ll look out for it and let you know if I see anything.

profondo rosso 18th December 2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 560657)
I received Chinatown: Premium Collection today, which is I now know is number 40 and doesn't have any art cards, but a six page paper booklet with writing and photos. When I have them all on a shelf, I'll add a photo.

My Premium Collection 4 arrived today, I am quite smitten with how they look, lovely slipcases and look very nice next to each other but must resist buying them with a 'completist' head on, as I did with arrow, 88 etc it becomes very expensive and I ended up buying some films I really didn't want. There's still quite a few I do want though. I must remember that I am buying movies not decorative objects.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th December 2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 560679)
My Premium Collection 4 arrived today, I am quite smitten with how they look, lovely slipcases and look very nice next to each other but must resist buying them with a 'completist' head on, as I did with arrow, 88 etc it becomes very expensive and I ended up buying some films I really didn't want. There's still quite a few I do want though. I must remember that I am buying movies not decorative objects.

I wish I could resist that temptation!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th December 2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 560680)
I wish I could resist that temptation!

You should be able to seeing as you don't have them on show. You file the discs in cases don't you?

Stephen showed sense earlier. :nod:

profondo rosso 18th December 2017 08:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Festive viewing

Attachment 200045

Looking forward to these, a lot of viewing for £13.50 from Zavvi

Attachment 200046

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th December 2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560686)
You should be able to seeing as you don't have them on show. You file the discs in cases don't you?

I only file the disc set covers which are not in collectible packaging or part of the collection, like the Premium Collection, Shameless and various 88 Films collections.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th December 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560686)

Two words I never thought i’d see in the same sentence [emoji23]