Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 31st December 2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 561659)
Is ROTOR in that set?

Also has raiders of atlantis and hands of steel

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

MacBlayne 31st December 2017 01:03 PM

As far as Mad Max rip-offs go, Raiders Of Atlantis was perhaps the most joyfully deranged.

dis 31st December 2017 02:42 PM

hi guys, just received "the washing machine",steel book edition.
not viewed it yet,so what can I expect?

:thankingyou:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st December 2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dis (Post 561711)

It's probably a film best watched without any expectations as the less you know about it, the more you will likely enjoy it.

I don't think it's the same as The Usual Suspects, The Sixth Sense or Fight Club in terms of a twist ending, but I would like to see it again with a completely open mind.

Rik 31st December 2017 05:45 PM

Had that since it came out and it’s still sealed on my shelf :lol:

plasterface 1st January 2018 08:55 PM

in a spin

Quote:

Originally Posted by dis (Post 561711)

packaging more memorable than film

keirarts 2nd January 2018 07:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Two cheapies. I didn't hate the first skyline as much as 99.9% of the human race did. In spite of its many, many flaws. The sequel has basically been described to me as a trashy, martial arts based take on the original material. The western double.... well Django the bastard was the main reason I picked it up. £8 is uniquely cheap for a wild east DVD.

Attachment 200354

Attachment 200355

MacBlayne 2nd January 2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 561818)
Two cheapies. I didn't hate the first skyline as much as 99.9% of the human race did. In spite of its many, many flaws. The sequel has basically been described to me as a trashy, martial arts based take on the original material. The western double.... well Django the bastard was the main reason I picked it up. £8 is uniquely cheap for a wild east DVD.

Attachment 200354

Attachment 200355

Beyond Skyline is getting really good reviews. I don't hate the first film either, but the reception to this new has been rather surprising.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd January 2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 561818)

I think i prefer Boot Hill to Django the Bastard. Admittedly the copy i used to have of DTB under the title The Strangers Showdown (or something on those lines) wasn't great so it may have affected my appreciation levels. Boot Hill is quite original i thought whereas Django isn't.

Deadite 2nd January 2018 10:09 AM

Yeah, Boot Hill is great.