Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 27th January 2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 564163)
Thanks Rik that’s pretty cheap!

Yeah, cheapest I’ve found it anywhere. It’s listed as the 4 disc set, so I hope it isn’t the single disc set that arrives on Monday seeing as it’s so cheap :lol:

Heisenberg 27th January 2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 564085)
What you’ve got there is one excellent film, one mediocre film and one film I turned off after about 35 minutes, I won’t say which is which :lol:

Was Blair Witch the one to turn off after 35 minutes ? I hope so as that was borderline painful to watch, lol.

Received Hammer House of Horrors from Amazon today, got the dvd rather than the blu ray hoping the quality will be slightly grainier than the bluray to get that 80's vibe when i watch it. I was 7 when they were on tv and my older brother loved them. Watched an episode with him and all i can remember is someone in a yellow raincoat that scared the crap out of me. Also picked up 2 more films from the local record shop (as well as my latest Nine Inch Nails vinyl :D )

Going to have to pick up a cheap n cheerful soundbar and subwoofer over the weekend as well to see how much of a difference it makes over the tv speakers, which in fairness are pretty decent (imo).

http://i65.tinypic.com/o5vsz4.jpg

Rik 27th January 2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 564180)
Was Blair Witch the one to turn off after 35 minutes ? I hope so as that was borderline painful to watch, lol.

Yeah :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 564181)
Yeah :nod:

I feel for Heisenberg. Going from Blair Witch to The Babadook. :lol:

Still at least he's got Hammer House of Horror to enjoy. :clap:

bleakshaun 27th January 2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 564191)
I feel for Heisenberg. Going from Blair Witch to The Babadook. [emoji38]

Hey don't be harsh on the babadook, he's an lgbt icon [emoji6]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Rik 27th January 2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 564191)
I feel for Heisenberg. Going from Blair Witch to The Babadook. :lol:

Still don’t understand how anyone likes the Babasfook, only time I’ve ever wanted a child to die in a horror film :lol:

bleakshaun 27th January 2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 564193)
Still don’t understand how anyone likes the Babasfook, only time I’ve ever wanted a child to die in a horror film [emoji38]

What in comparison to the kid in House by the Cemetery. God I wanted Freudstein to drag him down the stairs or his father to hit him with that axe :-P

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2018 03:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
First arrivals of 2018.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th January 2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 564197)
First arrivals of 2018.

Nice choices for your first purchases. I still need to pick up Eureka's edition of The Skull.

Rik 27th January 2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 564194)
What in comparison to the kid in House by the Cemetery. God I wanted Freudstein to drag him down the stairs or his father to hit him with that axe :-P

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

God yeah, Bob’s voice is annoying in HBTC, but I’d listen to that all day compared to the constant shrieking of that ****ing kid in The Babadook :lol: