Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 30th January 2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 564512)
It is bloody expensive. I'm really surprised that the Cat 'O Nine Tails blu-ray price didn't significantly drop. For many folks, it's not even one of their favourite Argento films.

Am currently waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy. Is supposed to be arriving today. 4.45 pm and it's still not here. We won't be able to watch until Thursday but I would like to hold it in my hands. :)

Hell, argento doesn't really like it. [emoji23]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

SymbioticFunction 30th January 2018 04:10 PM

Doesn't he seem to think that the film is too influenced by American cinema? As I'm sure that everyone knows, Cat 'O Nine Tails has an actual car chase sequence. Quite unusual for Argento! Personally I really like it, a character like Gigi the loser is highly entertaining. :)

bleakshaun 30th January 2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 564516)
Doesn't he seem to think that the film is too influenced by American cinema? As I'm sure that everyone knows, Cat 'O Nine Tails has an actual car chase sequence. Quite unusual for Argento! Personally I really like it, a character like Gigi the loser is highly entertaining. :)

He does, to be honest I'm not really a fan of it.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

SymbioticFunction 30th January 2018 04:20 PM

I'm the odd one out. I really like Cat but find myself seriously dumbfounded when folks wax lyrical about Phenomena. :) (Phenomena is easily my least favourite 'golden age' Argento). Interestingly my wife has exactly the same feelings so it's probably just as well that I married her. :loveeyes:

Rik 30th January 2018 04:25 PM

I’ll be honest and say that I’m only really buying it to go along with the other Arrow Argento LE sets, it’s not one of his best films but this a rare occasion when I’m buying for completions sake as I already have the older release :nod:

MrBarlow 30th January 2018 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nipped into HMV before I got to work and picked up these two

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th January 2018 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These arrived yesterday remembers, bought (with some snack bars) using the BIGTHANKS £10 discount, making The Demons effectively free.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...1&d=1517343205

Justin101 30th January 2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 564520)
I’ll be honest and say that I’m only really buying it to go along with the other Arrow Argento LE sets, it’s not one of his best films but this a rare occasion when I’m buying for completions sake as I already have the older release :nod:

That's why I had it on order but then I decided I don't want/need it and I'm just going to wait a while and get it for £6 in Fopp for a regular edition... eventually.

I do quite like Cat... as well but it is the lesser of all of the early (pre- Opera) films I think, although Four Flies is pretty close.

gag 30th January 2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 564520)

Just a random Q? About completion sake ,
This is can be towards anyone not directly to you .

If you like a director and buy all his films ,
But they appear in say two films and a producer of 5 films .
Do you still buy the films they were producer and starred in or only directed ?

Eg I like Quentin Tarantino but not keen on his later films , but I do have them , but 'm not that bothered about films he appeared in, or producer behind , but got the one's he wrote like True romance .

MrBarlow 31st January 2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 564583)
Just a random Q? About completion sake ,
This is can be towards anyone not directly to you .

If you like a director and buy all his films ,
But they appear in say two films and a producer of 5 films .
Do you still buy the films they were producer and starred in or only directed ?

Eg I like Quentin Tarantino but not keen on his later films , but I do have them , but 'm not that bothered about films he appeared in, or producer behind , but got the one's he wrote like True romance .

I use to be like that with Argento, Lenzi and Fulci movies due to the fact they would have blood, guts and plenty gore, Mostly with Argento as his films had a twist in the end as to who the murder was, like Trauma, Phenomena, Opeta and Tenebre. I saw The Church nearly 20 years ago.and started looking for Michele Soavi movies.

In the 90s VHS era i started collecting Vipcco movies then collecting dvds then started doing the same with Shameless, now i am getting dvds on a blind buy regardless the director or star.