Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th February 2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 565611)

I hope you have a comedy of some sort ready to counterbalance the very downbeat and depressing feeling you have when you finish!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th February 2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 565616)
Remove all sharp objects should you decide to watch it in a double bill with The War Game. :D

Or a triple bill with When the Wind Blows!

gag 9th February 2018 09:22 PM

Never got round to seeing any of the three mentioned

gag 9th February 2018 10:52 PM

Saw this for sale on Zavvi

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-ex...rackerID%2A%5D

The Exorcist - Complete Anthology - Very Limited Release Blu-ray

£25.99

All five films from the horror franchise. In 'Exorcist' (1973) actress Chris MacNeil (Ellen Burstyn) has every reason to be content, having just completed a film with director Burke Dennings (Jack MacGowran). However, she becomes disturbed by the changes taking place in her 12-year-old daughter, Regan (Linda Blair). At first sullen and withdrawn, Regan becomes aggressive and blasphemous, and ugly welts appear on her face and body. No medical cure is forthcoming, and after Burke is killed by being thrown from Regan's window, Chris turns to local Jesuit priest Father Damien Karras (Jason Miller) for help. Karras then calls in exorcist Father Lankester Merrin (Max von Sydow), who confirms that Regan is possessed by the devil. In 'Exorcist 2 - The Heretic' (1977) Regan is now a relatively normal, happy teenager, living under the care of a psychiatrist (Louise Fletcher) and her mother's ex-secretary (Kitty Winn). When the demons return to haunt Regan, priest Father Lamont (Richard Burton), himself suffering a crisis of faith, is sent to investigate. In 'The Exorcist 3' (1990) 15 years have passed since Father Damien Karras died exorcising Regan MacNeil. Now his best friend Lt. Kinderman (George C. Scott) is troubled by a series of mysterious murders which are strangely reminiscent of those committed by the Gemini killer - who was executed on the night Karras died. Does the killer's spirit live on, and if so in whom? Kinderman's investigation leads him to an amnesiac in a mental hospital who has recently awoken from a 15-year coma, can describe the Gemini killings in detail, and bears an uncanny resemblance to Damien Karras... In 'Exorcist: The Beginning' (2004), set in Africa in 1949, Father Merrin (Stellan Skarsgård), his faith shattered by World War II, journeys to Kenya to join an archaeological dig that has uncovered a Byzantine church mysteriously untouched by the ravages of time. But an even greater mystery awaits: an ancient and horrific evil is now awakened and a soul-shattering death spree begins. Can Merrin summon the faith and courage to defeat humanity's oldest and most powerful foe? In 'Dominion - Prequel to the Exorcist' (2005), during an excavation in Africa, Father Merrin (Skarsgård)'s team finds a hidden church that contains an ancient evil, and a local boy begins to exhibit signs of demonic possession...

bleakshaun 10th February 2018 02:00 PM

Fausto 5.0 delivered

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 565647)
Fausto 5.0 delivered

Just interested. What made you buy that?

I bought it a few years ago because the trailer looked awesome but i found the whole thing a crushing disappointment. I ended up getting rid of it to CEX.

bleakshaun 10th February 2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 565648)
Just interested. What made you buy that?

I bought it a few years ago because the trailer looked awesome but i found the whole thing a crushing disappointment. I ended up getting rid of it to CEX.

That's pretty much the same reason I had to be honest. I'll let you know how I found it at some point.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nordicdusk 10th February 2018 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this in cex for €18

Attachment 201158

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 565653)
Found this in cex for €18

Attachment 201158

Quite expensive for a lighter...

Nordicdusk 10th February 2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 565655)
Quite expensive for a lighter...

With everyone vaping these days soon these will be collectors items its an investment in my future. :lol: