Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 13th February 2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 565853)
Ordered Clive Barker's excellent Lord of Illusions on UK blu-ray. Annoyingly it's just the theatrical version which runs around 12 minutes shorter and has some violence trims. Still, it was quite a good price (9 pounds including the delivery costs) so I can't complain too loudly. Will still be nice to revisit the film in any fashion as I haven't seen it for almost ten years. :)

btw Frustratingly the US blu-ray has the superior director's cut but I don't have a multi-region player. :nono:

The directors cut is included on the DVD so while it's not HD you will still have access to it :)

MrBarlow 13th February 2018 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these from some charity shops

The Foreigner
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Hang em High
Jackass Volume 2
The Karate Kid
2 Fast 2 Furious
Unforgiven
Kidulthood
Adulthood
Firefox
The Cabin

keirarts 13th February 2018 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
HMV 2 for £25.

Attachment 201260 Attachment 201261

J Harker 13th February 2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 565853)
Ordered Clive Barker's excellent Lord of Illusions on UK blu-ray. Annoyingly it's just the theatrical version which runs around 12 minutes shorter and has some violence trims. Still, it was quite a good price (9 pounds including the delivery costs) so I can't complain too loudly. Will still be nice to revisit the film in any fashion as I haven't seen it for almost ten years. :)

btw Frustratingly the US blu-ray has the superior director's cut but I don't have a multi-region player. :nono:

I thought the UK blu had both cuts but the directors cut wasn't In HD.

J Harker 13th February 2018 04:44 PM

A Fopp pick up today. Was hoping they may have still had the Arrow Academy promotion on but its clearly finished.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c9bb8264bf.jpg

SymbioticFunction 13th February 2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 565915)
I thought the UK blu had both cuts but the directors cut wasn't In HD.

Yeah, it comes with a dvd of the director's cut. But I'll probably always end up watching the theatrical version just to see the film in high definition format. I've seen the caps-a-holic comparisons and the PQ difference is quite substantial.

profondo rosso 13th February 2018 08:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Recent purchases

Attachment 201265

Attachment 201266

Lost count how many versions of NOTLD I have had but hope this is the 'definitive' one.....somehow I have idea that I will be buying it again sometime in the future.

Attachment 201267

plasterface 13th February 2018 08:23 PM

threads

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 565620)
I hope you have a comedy of some sort ready to counterbalance the very downbeat and depressing feeling you have when you finish!

watch the bed sitting room and think of it as a sequel it might cheer you up

plasterface 13th February 2018 08:31 PM

purchases

dvds from asda , nails for 2 pound which sadly served as a showcase of stuff I hate in modern british horror, piss annoying unrealistic characters and a lack of logic. our evil £3 which was entertaining enough but not as nasty as premise suggested

gag 13th February 2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 565941)
Recent purchases

Attachment 201265

Attachment 201266

Lost count how many versions of NOTLD I have had but hope this is the 'definitive' one.....somehow I have idea that I will be buying it again sometime in the future.

Attachment 201267

I've got night of the living dead twice
One has the car driving up to the cemetery
Other starts of with the priest and taking the dead body to the cemetery and ending with the priest being interviewed