Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th February 2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 567934)
Wowhd have taken around 2 weeks with my orders! Very good so far!

I've only ordered once from them back in January and that took two weeks to arrive.

Zann 28th February 2018 07:52 PM

The Last Hunter

Code Red BD. I've always enjoyed this simple and shameless Apocalypse Now/Deer Hunter rip off. Looks pretty good, some dark scenes at the beginning aren't too hot and there's one or two digital artifacts...wonder how long it'll be before I'm grimacing at paying for the CR release....odds on 88 releasing it before the year's out?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th February 2018 07:54 PM

I ordered the Friday the 13th boxset on 06/02/18 and it arrived just over two weeks later (24/02/18).

Demoncrat 28th February 2018 08:19 PM

Well as a coda to my No Retreat No Surrender tale ... they responded within the 2 days with a replacement offer ... not just the disc ... the whole set. So that's something.

Demoncrat 28th February 2018 08:34 PM

Something Dorado could learn from (miaow!! :laugh:)

Ahem. ;)

SymbioticFunction 1st March 2018 12:15 PM

Just spent a couple of quid on a UK Killing Zoe dvd. It's extremely rare for me to buy dvds nowadays but something went badly wrong with the UK blu-ray. If you see the screen captures, you can see that the UK blu-ray's PQ genuinely looks considerably worse than a dvd. Looks like upscaled VHS! No hyperbole. btw There is also a decent French blu-ray but it doesn't have any English subtitles for the French dialogue parts.

keirarts 1st March 2018 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bit of an unusual one. It was shot for an uncompleted anthology film for Full moon so has been shelved for years. It's 30 minutes long which is a bit short for the fiver it'll set you back to buy. However I love all the Empire / Full moon H.P.Lovecraft efforts and I've always wanted to see it.

Attachment 201899

Justin101 1st March 2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 568005)
Bit of an unusual one. It was shot for an uncompleted anthology film for Full moon so has been shelved for years. It's 30 minutes long which is a bit short for the fiver it'll set you back to buy. However I love all the Empire / Full moon H.P.Lovecraft efforts and I've always wanted to see it.

Attachment 201899

That name rings a bell, I have a feeling it might included on one of the Full Moon/88 Films blurays as an extra feature, Pit & Pendulum or Castle Freak.

Rik 1st March 2018 01:17 PM

It’s included with Castle Freak

keirarts 1st March 2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 568009)
That name rings a bell, I have a feeling it might included on one of the Full Moon/88 Films blurays as an extra feature, Pit & Pendulum or Castle Freak.

You could be right. I still have trebor's American castle freak blu-ray and I dont think its on that.