Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 02:48 PM

Nice bunch of DVDs there Pedro. Gone In 60 Seconds is awesome - well maybe just the last half :laugh:

Got The Exterminator today for £2. It's the director's cut and the UK DVD - hopefully it isn't cut to shreds. Should be watching this tonight as I've heard a lot of good things about this film.

pedromonkey 23rd April 2010 02:55 PM

i only got gone in sixty seconds for the last 45 mins anyway and at a 1.00 couldn't pass it up..

vincenzo 23rd April 2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 75822)
Got The Exterminator today for £2. It's the director's cut and the UK DVD - hopefully it isn't cut to shreds.

The Optimum DVD is fully uncut. The (widescreen) Synergy DVD was officially cut, though the verdict is still out on if the cuts were actually carried out.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 03:12 PM

Ah right, cheers Vince. I got the Synergy release, so hopefully it isn't actually cut. :pray:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 05:44 PM

Bought The Naked Gun Trilogy in Tesco for £7, I could have bought it from Play for £5 but it was an impulse buy,and also picked up a boxset of one of my favourite tv shows ever, The Shield : Season 7 from Blockbuster for £7, so that's my weekend viewing sorted.:biggrin:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 75819)
The Beast (war film)...

My cousin saw The Beast years ago and said it was one of the most boring films he'd ever seen.He can't have seen much :lol:

oaxaca 23rd April 2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75852)
Bought The Naked Gun Trilogy in Tesco for £7, I could have bought it from Play for £5 but it was an impulse buy,and also picked up a boxset of one of my favourite tv shows ever, The Shield : Season 7 from Blockbuster for £7, so that's my weekend viewing sorted.:biggrin:

You can't go wrong with naked gun! Leslie Neilson is a slapstick heavyweight lol.

Tagney 23rd April 2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 69205)
All new.
Les démoniaques - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Le frissson des vampires - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Lèvres de sang - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
La nuit des traquées - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Requiem pour un vampire - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)
Le viol du vampire - The Collector's Edition (Encore,R2)

Respect! I love Rollin's movies.

A few additions to my collection:

- Two Orphan Vampires
- The Iron Rose
- Phantom of Death (Shameless Collection is almost complete :happy:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagney (Post 75872)
Phantom of Death (Shameless Collection is almost complete :happy:)

Excelleeeeeeeeeeeent :D

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:03 PM

When I saw Phantom Of Death on VHS in the 80s I thought it was OK ... nothing more ... but then stumbled upon Shameless and saw the trailer and couldnt believe how much was cut from the original release. So I went out and bought the Shameless release and was really pleased!! I nice, if slow movie.

:cool:

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:04 PM

Does anyone know if The Black Cat from Shameless is worth a buy? Silly question I know! I had the VTC VHS release years ago and thought it was a tad slow and tame .. have I missed something??

;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75894)
When I saw Phantom Of Death on VHS in the 80s I thought it was OK ... nothing more ... but then stumbled upon Shameless and saw the trailer and couldnt believe how much was cut from the original release. So I went out and bought the Shameless release and was really pleased!! I nice, if slow movie.

:cool:

And for some unknown reason,I really like trhe cover of the Shameless dvd.It's not the best artwork but me likey :)

oaxaca 23rd April 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75895)
Does anyone know if The Black Cat from Shameless is worth a buy? Silly question I know! I had the VTC VHS release years ago and thought it was a tad slow and tame .. have I missed something??

;)

Well, its a fairly slow paced film, and not a very gory one by Fulci's standards as you probably remember. Its a decent enough film, probably worth giving another watch, you can pick the shameless dvd up pretty cheap now.

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75897)
And for some unknown reason,I really like trhe cover of the Shameless dvd.It's not the best artwork but me likey :)

I love the write ups .. they are hysterical sometimes!!! Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie, but it is a Fulci one about a kid with an amulet and the write-up on the back of that was soooo funny! Not even Shameless knew what the hell it was about and admitted it!!! Fantastic!!!!

Oh and who can ignore the sub-headings "The Gritter from the shitter!", "Whore aboard!", "Where fuzz gets buzzed!"

:dance:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75899)
I love the write ups .. they are hysterical sometimes!!! Can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie, but it is a Fulci one about a kid with an amulet and the write-up on the back of that was soooo funny! Not even Shameless knew what the hell it was about and admitted it!!! Fantastic!!!

That would be Manhattan Baby.Another early Shameless cover I like a lot.

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 75902)
That would be Manhattan Baby.Another early Shameless cover I like a lot.

Thats the one ... I remember it on the old EV VHS .... as The Possessed I reckon ...

It was daft then ... oh and poor :eek:

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:52 PM

Just noticed Optimum are releasing Lizard In A Women's Skin on 7th June .... with ..... a 15 cert!!

How times change!

Tagney 23rd April 2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75899)
Oh and who can ignore the sub-headings "The Gritter from the shitter!", "Whore aboard!", "Where fuzz gets buzzed!"

:dance:

I don't know who is the creator of these sub-headings, but that guy is a genius :D

Sargento 23rd April 2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagney (Post 75906)
I don't know who is the creator of these sub-headings, but that guy is a genius :D

My mate and me go into HMV at lunch and I show em to him, they have him in hysterics!!! I reckon I am converting him :happy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd April 2010 11:44 PM

28 WEEKS LATER tonight.Looked and sounded great.
A very underrated sequel.:nod:

mbv 24th April 2010 06:34 AM

Watched The final Destination in 3D last night. Hard to judge the pic quality when watching in 3D but it sounded great. Don't think I could watch the 2D version.
The 3D was fantastic and made sitting through this all the more painless.

The movie is as dumb as it comes though. Myself and my son found it hilarious though so quite entertaining in a 'leave brain at the door' way.

Gojirosan 24th April 2010 12:01 PM

After a sad two days with no DVD deliveries today was a winner!

An American Werewolf In London SE
Maniac Cop
Alien From The Deep
and finally...

...The Cold Blooded Beast on Raro!!! :happy:

Sargento 24th April 2010 04:57 PM

Today my copy of ...

Dawn Of The Dead (Blu-ray)

Came thru the post!!! Yehaaa!

First thing I would like to say is what a great job Arrow have done ... the transfer is terrific! Never has fake blood looked so fake!!!:happy: I only really noticed one glitch right near the end (on Ken Foree's face in the loft area of the mall) ... other than that I was well pleased.

I watched the Fan Of The Dead documentary too ... it was a little long, but it was very interesting to see the areas of Pittsburgh where the films were shot. Very different.

I did see something I had never noticed before tho ... the scene at the airfield where Ken Foree is getting the coffee outta the machine and the kids burst through the door and pounce on him. You can see someones arm come into view on the right hand side of the screen, as if the kids had been sent rushing forward by what was probably a parent!! very amusing! :laugh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th April 2010 05:49 PM

No one else got WHO DARES WINS yet?:(

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2010 05:51 PM

I picked it up in HMV the other week,put it back down when I went browsing,then forgot to pick it back up again!

oaxaca 25th April 2010 12:09 PM

Got Stuart Gordon's Castle Freak through the door yesterday. Looks very interesting. I'm on a bit of a Stuart Gordon / Brian Yuzna streak at the mo: don't suppose anyone has seen Yuzna's Rottweiler have they? Its in the local morrisons for 2 squid. It looks like a Cujo rip-off but Yuzna might make it fun!?...

mbv 25th April 2010 01:33 PM

Picked up Dark Star for a euro today.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th April 2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 75905)
Just noticed Optimum are releasing Lizard In A Women's Skin on 7th June .... with ..... a 15 cert!!

How times change!

Marc Morris said on CMF that the 15 certs on the cover were just placed there for the moment,and a quick check of the BBFC website confirms that the film has been passed with an 18 certificate.

nekromantik 25th April 2010 01:54 PM

Just got Manhattan Baby off ebay for £3.99 :)
And Moon Bluray for £7.70 brand new altho will need to make sure its not a rental copy otherwise im sending it back.

antmumford 25th April 2010 04:49 PM

This weekend I bought:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Limited Collectors Edition Boxset (includes CD soundtrack and Book)
Rogue
Resident Evil Degeneration
Planet of the Apes
Special Edition Boxset (all 5 originals)

The whole lot for a mere £17

re.form 26th April 2010 12:20 AM

Just ordered:

Antichrist
Alone with her

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2010 06:28 AM

Sent away this morning for a few blu-rays.

Watchmen-Director's Cut
Collateral
Transformers-Revenge Of The fallen
An American Werewolf In London
Poultrygeist-Night Of The Chicken Dead

The madcap spending has started again! :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 76251)
Sent away this morning for a few blu-rays.

Watchmen-Director's Cut
Collateral
Transformers-Revenge Of The fallen
An American Werewolf In London
Poultrygeist-Night Of The Chicken Dead

The madcap spending has started again! :lol:

Nothing like a nice madcap spend Steve. :thumb: :biggrin:

... but: no hardboxes?!!!?! :shocked: :jest:

pedromonkey 26th April 2010 02:36 PM

picked up my pre-order of Avatar on DVD from work today, only cost me £6.50, bonus........

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 76257)
Nothing like a nice madcap spend Steve. :thumb: :biggrin:

... but: no hardboxes?!!!?! :shocked: :jest:

:lol: I could have went madder.Took all my willpower not to buy the Watchmen Ultimate Cut or the Transformers 2 Imax blu-ray but I decided to get the normal (ie cheaper) ones .Get my 1st pay from my new job on friday so I'll go extra mad.1st order of business is to get all the Blu-rays I missed when I was unemployed and then the hardboxes etc will be mine. :D

Gigantor 26th April 2010 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up after work tonight

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th April 2010 05:21 PM

Picked up AVATAR and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN on Blu Ray today.

bdc 28th April 2010 09:21 AM

Just arrived. :)

Girly (R1,Scorpion Releasing)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th April 2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 76573)
Just arrived. :)

Girly (R1,Scorpion Releasing)

I need to get my hands on this too at some point. :nod:

DeadAlive 28th April 2010 12:26 PM

A bit of a HK/Asian blowout.
Raging Phoenix