Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 15th April 2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 572341)
Fun game. Spot the inclusion of a clip from Fox's brand new animated show The simpsons being screened on the airplane in DH2. Then look at Bruce Willis then and compare him to Bruce Willis now. Really illustrates how long that show has been running.

Bruce Willis and The Simpsons are alike, they started great and became creatively bankrupt and have no passion

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Linbro 16th April 2018 07:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ordered...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th April 2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 572455)
Ordered...

It's probably better to write out what you have ordered because attachments aren't working at the moment.

Linbro 16th April 2018 09:32 AM

Ok, no problem.
Eureka blurays:
'Cure'
'The Old Dark House'
'Creepy'

Arrow bluray:
'Madhouse'
'Kairo'

Criterion bluray:
'The Brood'

Severin bluray:
'Baskin'

monkeypedro 16th April 2018 10:13 AM

Finally received my Teenage Prostitution Racket bluray from WowHD along with Th Gate II and the Indicator Sinbad Trilogy from a Facebook seller

From Music Magpie i Received the anime series Revolutionary Girl Utena Apocalypse Saga, Linebarrels of Iron, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 and Mysterious Girl X along with Hanna Barbara's The Smurfs Season 1- 5 box set.

Justin101 16th April 2018 10:46 AM

https://preview.ibb.co/fGvxU7/IMG_0578.jpg

Seijun Suzuki vol 2 from HMV, had the pre-order in for £32.99
Dark Water from the Arrow sale, finally got around to buying it a good price!

Demoncrat 16th April 2018 11:45 AM

Was explaining to a fellow collector about the merits of the BD at the weekend ...and I just gave him the best advice in this case which for me is to watch a film you really know ;) to actually see the difference. To wit.....

Dark Water .... extremely green here ...as this is one of the few films that still makes me jump ....even though I know it's coming .... Kudos!!

SymbioticFunction 16th April 2018 03:56 PM

Picked up Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo on blu-ray. Apparently it looks very nice in high definition. :) There's just some minor damage to the film negative. Should be a cool Monday evening watch. This is my 3rd Hitchcock blu-ray (I also own Psycho and The Birds). Universal catalogue blu-rays are often (rightly) criticised but when it comes to Hitchcock, it seems like more often than not, they put genuine effort in.

Justin101 16th April 2018 04:27 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 572508)
Picked up Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo on blu-ray. Apparently it looks very nice in high definition. [emoji4] There's just some minor damage to the film negative. Should be a cool Monday evening watch. This is my 3rd Hitchcock blu-ray (I also own Psycho and The Birds). Universal catalogue blu-rays are often (rightly) criticised but when it comes to Hitchcock, it seems like more often than not, they put genuine effort in.

You should stop picking up the individual titles and get the universal collection. I’m sure it’s pretty cheap now and it’s great value for money!

£30 for 14 films! At Amazon. It was twice that when I bought it and still good value [emoji4]

gag 16th April 2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 572455)
Ordered...

Its that creepy original title (can't remember exact name ) something like Atoz or something probably got wrong but something along that lines

If so Let me know what you think its meant to be a hard watch with the violence etc