Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

MrBarlow 25th May 2018 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Todays delivers

Arrow box set
Faust: Love Of The Damned
Romasanta The Werewolf Hunt
Beyond Re-Animator

Creature collection
Sharktopus
Dinocroc Vs Supergator
Dinoshark
Mega Python Vs Gatoroid

The Presidio

Demoncrat 26th May 2018 08:38 PM

Took advantage of mate's internet to order Piggy and The Order (JCVD goes undercover as orthodox jew :lol:) in their 2 for £2.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th May 2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 576597)
Took advantage of mate's internet to order Piggy and The Order (JCVD goes undercover as orthodox jew :lol:) in their 2 for £2.

Van Damme and Charlton Heston in the same film! Who'd a thought it? :lol:

I quite like it. :nod:

nosferatu42 27th May 2018 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just one this week.

Attachment 204897

monkeypedro 27th May 2018 12:20 AM

11 Attachment(s)
More deliveries plus a few charity shop and Poundland pick ups.

SymbioticFunction 27th May 2018 02:23 AM

I think HMV's Arrow promotion ends fairly soon. Went to my local store today and I chose 5 blu-rays for 30 pounds. Titles were Black Sabbath, Shock Treatment, Society, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Theatre of Blood. 6 quid each seems like a very fair price. :)

Have already watched Texas 2 (alone with headphones! As my wife only has patience/respect for the original film in this particular franchise) and am looking forward to checking out the others very soon before Shape of Water and Black Panther finally get UK release in a fortnight's time.

My wife wants to watch Bava's Black Sabbath tomorrow evening. The Arrow has both the Italian and US cuts. I don't know which to choose (previously I've only seen the US version). Any advice on which of the two cuts I should show her? btw Is it true that the Italian version has richer colours?

nosferatu42 27th May 2018 02:52 AM

I'd go for the original version that is closer to how Bava envisioned it, the stories are moved about in the American version.

But i guess it depends on wether your wife minds subtitles or not.

SymbioticFunction 27th May 2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 576613)
I'd go for the original version that is closer to how Bava envisioned it, the stories are moved about in the American version.

But i guess it depends on wether your wife minds subtitles or not.

Thanks, I'll go with Italian cut then. She doesn't mind subtitles.

Nostalgic 27th May 2018 11:22 AM

Watched Rawhead Rex for the first time (despite being clive barker mad in my youth, my brother told me the film was bad so i never got round to watching it). Distanced from expecting any kind of real adaption (the Eclipse comic was the best imho), the film is great fun! Action packed, well paced & a good monster. Listening to the director's commentary, Stephen Thrower should moderate more of these as he is a good prompter for interesting info from the director. Worth a listen!

Demoncrat 27th May 2018 12:25 PM

It's on the list .... :nod: