Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 578734)
one it took this long took get here from the other post i made of what i ordered from music magpie.

I notice you are getting a lot of Gerry Anderson stuff. Although i like Space 1999 and UFO, the puppet series always leave me cold.

trebor8273 14th June 2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578735)
I notice you are getting a lot of Gerry Anderson stuff. Although i like Space 1999 and UFO, the puppet series always leave me cold.

always liked them but only seen the main ones thunderbirds, stingray and captain scarlet as well as terrahawks. the others didn't pay over £5 for a boxset so not a big loss if i don't like. still got supercar, secret service and fireball XL5 to come from music magpie

J Harker 14th June 2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578243)
This weeks new arrivals.

The Wallace set was from Network's sale, Molly's Game and The Commuter are in Asda's 2 for £15 offer and the Police Academy set and Hell or High Water were in Music Magpie's 2 for a fiver deal.

Any of those Edgar Wallace discs seen the inside of the player yet Dem? Some of the reviews on Shamazon suggest the audio quality is so poor as to make them virtually unlistenable?

platostotal 14th June 2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578735)

Surely not Thunderbirds... that and vintage Dr Who sum up late 60s kids U.K. telly to perfection.

platostotal 14th June 2018 05:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Nice way to end the week... Fury BD £2.99, the dvd were 50p each, the 2 disc first series of Sherlock was a real bargain.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th June 2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 578761)
Surely not Thunderbirds... that and vintage Dr Who sum up late 60s kids U.K. telly to perfection.

I have fond memories of an evening when I was a child in the late 1980s, I'm not sure what day, when TV around six o'clock consisted of an episode of either Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett or Stingray and then The Man from U.N.C.L.E..

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 578761)

Never liked Thunderbirds. 60's kids tv was long before i was born.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 578764)
I have fond memories of an evening when I was a child in the late 1980s, I'm not sure what day, when TV around six o'clock consisted of an episode of either Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett or Stingray and then The Man from U.N.C.L.E..

I haven't ever sat through a single episode of any of those.

I've always wanted to see The Man from U.N.C.L.E. though.

nosferatu42 14th June 2018 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of Stephen King's from a charity shop.

Attachment 205627 Attachment 205628

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th June 2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 578764)

Fridays as I recall. I used to watch them too and must have been about 6 or 7 at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 578771)
I haven't ever sat through a single episode of any of those.

I've always wanted to see The Man from U.N.C.L.E. though.

I remember loving The Man from U.N.C.L.E. when I was a kid. I haven't seen it since then though so may opinion may have changed.