Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th December 2009 12:12 PM

Welcome to the world of blu Philleh :welcome:

Philleh 19th December 2009 12:35 PM

Ha, cheers dude!

Is it me or do regular DVDs look better when played on a Blu-ray machine too? I watched The Corruptor the other night and it looked fantastic!

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th December 2009 12:40 PM

Yeah they the blu-ray players will always make regular dvd look better.Still not as good as a a blu-ray disc but a lot better than using a standard dvd player :)

42ndStreetFreak 19th December 2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 53841)

fantasy world! are you talking about the one in hanley up the little arcade ?

Yep. When it was a really groovy treasure trove of things.

I got my first ever DVd from there..."Organ". The R1 DVD of that wacky Japanese body horror thing.

Picked up all the old VHS of "Bubblegum Crises" and "Yurusei Yatsura" as well.
As well as the R1 double VHS of "Natural Born Killers" and NIN's great "Closure" double VHS.
Started going when I was child (about 16 years before I moved to Hanley) and picked up some great stuff from "Talisman" boardgames to 'Conan' novels, to "2000 AD" books.
Memories........!

Philleh 19th December 2009 01:05 PM

I thought so! :)

Just received my Dawn of the Dead Blu - that's tonight's entertainment sorted!!

Rob Strange 19th December 2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 53587)
I think the point by reviewers who were disappointed with the image quality of Heat is that given the proper treatment it should look comparable to the new stuff that is released. The reviews I've read say it looks the best its ever looked but it could look better.

True - it probably should have looked a bit better. It's still well worth the upgrade, imo.

Rob Strange 19th December 2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 53869)
Okay, I gave in a purchased myself a Blu-ray player... It's... well... AMAZING!

I grabbed Memories of Murder, Inglorious Basterds, Pan's Labyrinth and Dark Knight - can't wait to get more already!

Enjoy!

Will you be upgrading many films?

I started by just selecting a few classics, but I've since upgraded on many titles - as an addict!

Philleh 19th December 2009 02:50 PM

I'm going to keep it to my favourite cult and art-house films for the time being, focus on upgrading those. I was tempted to pick up Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, but HMV wanted £22 for it and I already have 3 copies of it! ha. But I will get it if I can find it cheaper.

HMV also wanted £35 for Usual Suspects!! :ack:

Kyle 19th December 2009 04:50 PM

yeah it was loads better then, i used to get quite a few things from there too but i cant remember any of them, did you like organ? i haven't watched it for ages but i remember it being quite good

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th December 2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 53881)
I thought so! :)

Just received my Dawn of the Dead Blu - that's tonight's entertainment sorted!!

Someone's in for a treat tonight :nod: