Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 22nd July 2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 582847)
This mornings charity shop pick ups.

Notice the last pic seem to be more girly flicks :happy:,

Gothmogxx 22nd July 2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 582432)
I'm in an 80's slasher movie mood so bought a bunch of ones I haven't seen.

The Prowler
Splatter University
Graduation Day
Sweet 16
Intruder
Mountaintop Motel Massacre

And to top it off I also decided to go Cannibal and buy Cannibal Ferox (which I have seen but not since 2012) via Shameless!

I desperately need to watch something that isn't Doctor Who: currently having a marathon atm, love the show dearly but been watching nothing else besides that for a bit so decided to go Slasher/Cannibal 80's style to give me something else to watch. Ferox aside I've seen none of them but I have high hopes (Would have also went for Eyes of a Stranger but couldn't find a decent release), hope they arrive soon!

Ok so far I've seen, from weakest to strongest- The Prowler, Cannibal Ferox (re-watch after 5 years), Intruder and Graduation Day. Really surprised at the quality of Graduation Day. It has its faults: the killer dressed up as a swordfighter isn't the most iconic look and the ending (including the final chase) is a bit off but overall it really surprised me with how good it is. I don't think it reaches the levels of other 80's Slashers like My Bloody Valentine or Terror Train but, and I know this is probably going to be controversial, I think I preferred it to The Burning and I definitely preferred it to The Prowler (Joseph Zito has good talent though, I mean he went on to make arguably the best Friday The 13th film). Defo above average. I randomly shuffled the Blu-Rays around afterwards while not looking to pick the next one and got Sweet Sixteen. Hope its as good as Graduation Day.

monkeypedro 22nd July 2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 583026)
Notice the last pic seem to be more girly flicks :happy:,

I picked them up for 25p each for my mum as need a change from the normal death and horror in the movies watched in the next few as her twin sister died Saturday morning and the household is in a very emotional state at the moment.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd July 2018 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got Rollercoaster today from 101 Films. Pity they don’t seem to understand what the term “reversible” actually means.

Asked them on Facebook if it had one, to which they replied “yes”.

What it actually has, is this...

iank 24th July 2018 01:17 AM

Arrived:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IBcAA...OKJ/s-l300.png

WowBobWow 24th July 2018 08:51 AM

Picked up Mallrats and The Die Hard collection on Blu from CEX and Bad Dreams and season 11 Of The X Files from HMV. The latter is much better than I expected so far, I’ve only watched three episodes though. One poor, one decent and one very good, in that order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 24th July 2018 04:08 PM

Am on a wee break. Whilst I am somewhere with a HMV ... I picked up (in the 2/15 offer) THEM! & The Valley Of Gwangi and because it was bloody there .. The Old Dark House (15). Mine now :dance::loveeyes:

gag 24th July 2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 583036)
I picked them up for 25p each for my mum as need a change from the normal death and horror in the movies watched in the next few as her twin sister died Saturday morning and the household is in a very emotional state at the moment.

Sorry to year that.

troggi 24th July 2018 09:23 PM

The Legend of Tarzan and Jupiter Ascending from RSPCA shop.

nosferatu42 24th July 2018 09:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got these last week from charity shops.

Attachment 207056 Attachment 207057

Attachment 207054 Attachment 207055

Never really thought much of Demons 3 (cough) but for a quid i couldn't pass it up.:pop2: