Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

WowBobWow 11th August 2018 08:59 AM

I had a bit of a splurge this week and picked up the following on Bluray -

The X Files Collection (luckily a set without the season 8 Black crush,a massive upgrade)

Logan's Run
The Birds
Risky Business
Network
Only God Forgives
Django Unchained
The Maltese Falcon (lent my original copy to a friend of my missus and it's disappeared).

Paul Zombie 11th August 2018 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some i recently bought from Hmv and Cex. :)

monkeypedro 11th August 2018 11:33 AM

8 Attachment(s)
This weeks new stuff. The Arrow Academy blurays and Dreamscape were from Cex and the rest were deliveries from various sources.

I must say many thanks to Arrow for Jake Speed, The Addiction and The Quiet Earth along with a T-shirt and other goodies which were freebies they kindly sent me as i couldn't go to to the horror all-nighter a few weeks back due a very close family member suddenly dying and also thanks to the Prince Charles cinema refunding my ticket.

trebor8273 11th August 2018 11:57 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Dvds from MM, blu rays from cex.

Crimson Blade 11th August 2018 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Recent purchases, including another 5 for £30 from HMV.

Paul Zombie 11th August 2018 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
also bought these recently from Cex as well :)

marvinnashsear 11th August 2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 584955)
Interesting to read through the posts about collecting. I'm another person who had problems with collecting. I was buying absolutely tons. Not in any sort of debt as I own my home outright (no mortgage or rent) and I'm single. Last year I survived on what I made on Amazon sales. I didn't buy half as much as I did the year before. I think I've mellowed. Realising half the stuff that comes out at ultra-high prices ends up getting re-issued (Code red stuff getting released by 88 for instance). That said I bought a few things yesterday on my day off from work.... :lol:

Raging bull was £2 in an autism charity shop in Bury. Sorum and dreamers korean blu-rays were both 99p in bury cash generator. Wild card and interceptor were both in Altrincham poundland. Anderson Tapes was £10 but worth it for the release. The two third window releases were in Fopp. A couple of years ago the fopp purchases alone would be far greater!

Please excuse the misty pictures. My phones camera is getting worse.

Attachment 207590 Attachment 207591

Attachment 207592 Attachment 207593

Attachment 207594 Attachment 207595

Attachment 207596 Attachment 207597

Attachment 207598

I've been wanting to get Ruined Heart for a while but it's always been about 20 quid on Amazon so now I know it's only £6 I'll be getting it on Monday along with a shitload of other Third Window stuff.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th August 2018 06:51 PM

I see you bought The Anderson Tapes from Vinyl Exchange, Keirarts. :clap:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th August 2018 06:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals. Really looking forward to watching the Roan restoration of White Zombie, although it will have to wait as August really isn't the right time of year.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th August 2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 584969)
Dvds from MM, blu rays from cex.

What about the 4K releases – were they from CEX? A Quiet Place isn't officially released until Monday.