Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SymbioticFunction 29th August 2018 02:26 AM

Ordered Fearless Vampire Killers blu-ray from Amazon Spain. Is a bootleg but the newer Spanish version is a pressed disc. They appear to have used the same 1080i master as the French bd (which annoyingly had forced subtitles when English was chosen).

Also ordered Jason Statham Transporter 1 blu-ray as a present for my wife (it was only 3 quid for a new copy including delivery costs). I think that's been known to occasionally turn up at Poundland which explains why it was quite so cheap.

BAKA 29th August 2018 12:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A couple of arrivals prior to FrightFest, and my haul from the Festival. The amount of free stuff was unbelievable this year. I had to hold back from the table with free DVDs because I was worried about getting everything home on the train. The Arrow releases in the Goodie bag I already own, so I'll be donating them. I was happy to get The Hitcher book, as I haven't picked up any of their book releases yet, and am eager to sample one without paying 10, or whatever it is they go for. Heathers, The Pyjama Girl Case and Incident In A Ghostland were out early on the Arrow stall (a few other things too, but nothing I was fussed about getting early). I actually missed the Incident In A Ghostland screening as I had discovery tickets for Dead Night booked (and ended up sat next to Kim Newman! One of my highlights).

I bought a load of stuff in Fopp too, but haven't even had the chance to sort it out yet.

WowBobWow 29th August 2018 01:21 PM

Just the one for me this week, Season One Of The Deuce on Blu-ray. Going to blitz through it again in preparation for the second season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platostotal 29th August 2018 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this for 1.99 in charity shop, nice.

trebor8273 29th August 2018 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's deliveries, deer hunter arrived as well but was returned .

Nostalgic 29th August 2018 07:47 PM

Picked up Death Line & Ghost Stories blus in hmv 2 for 25, really looking forward to watching both

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th August 2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 586441)
A couple of arrivals prior to FrightFest, and my haul from the Festival. The amount of free stuff was unbelievable this year. I had to hold back from the table with free DVDs because I was worried about getting everything home on the train. The Arrow releases in the Goodie bag I already own, so I'll be donating them. I was happy to get The Hitcher book, as I haven't picked up any of their book releases yet, and am eager to sample one without paying 10, or whatever it is they go for. Heathers, The Pyjama Girl Case and Incident In A Ghostland were out early on the Arrow stall (a few other things too, but nothing I was fussed about getting early). I actually missed the Incident In A Ghostland screening as I had discovery tickets for Dead Night booked (and ended up sat next to Kim Newman! One of my highlights).

I bought a load of stuff in Fopp too, but haven't even had the chance to sort it out yet.

Did you get a free copy of the now defunct mag Shivers, Baka?

That 'S' at the centre / back of the third photo looks identical to the first 'S' in the mags title.

BAKA 30th August 2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 586489)
Did you get a free copy of the now defunct mag Shivers, Baka?

That 'S' at the centre / back of the third photo looks identical to the first 'S' in the mags title.

They were the August and September issues of Starburst. Which I've never read before. There's a Video Nasties feature in one of them, so I'll give it a read.

Demoncrat 30th August 2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 586464)
Found this for 1.99 in charity shop, nice.

Find! Kudos!

bleakshaun 30th August 2018 06:52 PM

Blind Dead collection ordered from CEX website.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk