Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SymbioticFunction 31st August 2018 07:11 AM

Found out that a subtitled (standard definition) version of Dario Argento's 5 Days of Milan was available on Amazon prime. I bought a streaming copy for 6.99 (I'm not a Prime member). It doesn't look quite as good as my non-subtitled Italian dvd but it's obviously excellent to understand all the dialogue. I can easily access the film through my PS3 and PS4 consoles. Pleased with this purchase. :)

Nostalgic 31st August 2018 10:39 AM

Ok, finally got Deadtime Stories from amazon, and got Doom Asylum through post from cex.....case smashed to f!ck!
So King Kong Premium & now this! My local cex is crap so have to order through post. The doom asylum disc is fine but have just ordered some amarays from amazon to cover this problem.

trebor8273 31st August 2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 586566)
Ok, finally got Deadtime Stories from amazon, and got Doom Asylum through post from cex.....case smashed to f!ck!
So King Kong Premium & now this! My local cex is crap so have to order through post. The doom asylum disc is fine but have just ordered some amarays from amazon to cover this problem.

some stores must just take anything no matter the condition my local wont take stuff if the cases are badly damaged.

trebor8273 31st August 2018 11:42 AM

How are diabolik with customs and when do they take money?

platostotal 31st August 2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 586567)
some stores must just take anything no matter the condition my local wont take stuff if the cases are badly damaged.

In the past I've seen some shocking cases in CEX, the super cheap 50p I can take but they had an abysmal smashed/crushed box of the Rambo set on BD for £15 (had a laugh at the nerve.) but recently they've been pretty good even cleaning some PS2 discs before handing em over.

WowBobWow 31st August 2018 04:52 PM

In my local CEX they have a copy of Arrow’s Dawn Of The Dead for £42 with ‘Reprinted Cover’ splashed all over it completely devaluing it. Have a feeling it’ll be there a while.

Boo Radley 31st August 2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 586569)
How are diabolik with customs and when do they take money?

Never had a problem with customs, no matter how many discs I order at once, if you pay by PayPal it is an immediate payment. Not sure on other ways to pay.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st August 2018 05:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two arrivals today, one ordered because of my Martin Scorsese topic in the Top Ten Tuesdays thread and the other because I thought it was superb both times I saw it at the cinema and can't wait to rewatch it after giving the other recent Marvel releases another viewing.

trebor8273 31st August 2018 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 586637)
Two arrivals today, one ordered because of my Martin Scorsese topic in the Top Ten Tuesdays thread and the other because I thought it was superb both times I saw it at the cinema and can't wait to rewatch it after giving the other recent Marvel releases another viewing.

Hoping my steelbook of infinity war turns up tomorrow.

Some charity shop finds.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st August 2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 586648)
Hoping my steelbook of infinity war turns up tomorrow.

I hope so too. You must be short of things to watch.