Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 14th September 2018 06:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today's deliveriesAttachment 208966Attachment 208967

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

gag 14th September 2018 06:35 PM

Sam loves the originals and been watching it, she on season 4 I've watched some with her but doesn't appeal to me i find it garbage.

trebor8273 14th September 2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 587933)
Sam loves the originals and been watching it, she on season 4 I've watched some with her but doesn't appeal to me i find it garbage.

Well it was only £8, don't why I said deliveries as they are charity shop finds. Watched the pilot and enjoyed it, I was expecting some twishite type program but thankfully it's not and it's quite bloody and violent at times

Justin101 14th September 2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 587940)
Well it was only £8, don't why I said deliveries as they are charity shop finds. Watched the pilot and enjoyed it, I was expecting some twishite type program but thankfully it's not and it's quite bloody and violent at times

Have you seen The Vampire Diaries? You probably know that it's a spin-off with characters from that show?

Series 1-4 of Vampire Diaries were so good but then 5-8 were awful, we had to stop watching it!

trebor8273 14th September 2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 587945)
Have you seen The Vampire Diaries? You probably know that it's a spin-off with characters from that show?

Series 1-4 of Vampire Diaries were so good but then 5-8 were awful, we had to stop watching it!

Watched a few here and there ,do I need watch that first of doesn't it matteer?

Justin101 14th September 2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 587949)
Watched a few here and there ,do I need watch that first of doesn't it matteer?

It's a different story so it probably won't matter but there might be characters popping up that will have no introduction because they're from the main show.

SymbioticFunction 15th September 2018 12:35 AM

Bought Matrix trilogy blu-ray set at HMV for 10 quid. Was a bit nervous since the 3rd film had a bad fault in earlier pressings. I had previously gotten of Reloaded as well since I didn't want to keep just the first half of the 2 part sequel.

First thing I checked was Revolutions at 1 hr 45 min 46 secs (it used to skip on my player due to terrible pixellation). Luckily it was fine. I know that I should have been confident since I was purchasing in 2018 but I was still a bit worried.

Will send spare copy of the original movie to a friend. btw It is really bad that WB didn't set up a Revolutions bd exchange program for all the non-US territories (America got one). Terrible customer service from WB. :nono:

WowBobWow 15th September 2018 11:16 AM

Found the following on Blu-ray in my local charity shop.

Shock & Awe - Four Films By Lars Von Trier.
Rome seasons One and Two
Inception
The Town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gag 15th September 2018 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took some more films down to cex and got these

Gbh was £6:00 cheapest I've ever seen it, not seen it less than around £20
Sam buys Wii games for when few of us have a night in together
Scarlett pimpernels Sam's
Rec now got them all (I think :lol:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 588014)
Took some more films down to cex and got these

Gbh was £6:00 cheapest I've ever seen it, not seen it less than around £20
Sam buys Wii games for when few of us have a night in together
Scarlett pimpernels Sam's
Rec now got them all (I think :lol:)

The first series of The Scarlett Pimpernel was very good. The second lost Martin Shaw and Elizabeth McGovern and wasn't as good.