Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 2nd March 2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 131982)
I must be the only person I know who didn't think that much of Buried. I was on a plane so was hoping that would add to the claustrophobia but thought it was just in the 'okay but nothing major' bracket.

hmm
well after a 3rd viewing I dont love it but its still very good movie.

Pete 3rd March 2011 09:19 AM

BEAST WITH A GUN (aka MAD DOG KILLER) - Anchor Bay
SYNDICATE SADIST'S - Shriek Show
APACHE KID (Bruno Mattei) - Spanish DVD
DON'T PANIC - Dark Vision
MANHUNT - RARO
TREASURE OF THE AMAZON - VCI

Phantom 3rd March 2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 132535)
My Cobra blu arrived today from Hong Kong. :woot:

I got that the other week too! I couldn't wait for the USA release. :p

antmumford 3rd March 2011 12:47 PM

Just to let you know that you can buy Arrow Video's The House By The Cemetery, Sleepless and Macabre as a bundle from the Arrow Film website for only £18. Had a search online and the cheapest for each title is about £7.50 so in total you're saving about a fiver. Deals only valid for a week so I've taken the plunge and decided to get them.
I only really wanted to collect the Arrow Video Blu-ray releases but I may just have to join the rest of you and get the entire collection on DVD too. Sorry wallet, please forgive me! :pray:

Here's the offical thread: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...tml#post132679

Nemesis 3rd March 2011 05:57 PM

Phantom of Death
Flavia the Heretic
Watch me when I kill
Angel of Vengeance

Sam 3rd March 2011 06:50 PM

I had a CEX exchange voucher burning a hole in my pocket so used it to pick up Donnie Darko on blu ray. I've given it a spin and if I'm honest, even though there is an improvement over the DVD, it probably isn't really worth the upgrade. For HD, it still lacks a bit of sharpness for me, although perhaps this is due to the source materials as much as anything.

Still, at least it contains both the original and director's cuts and all the extras in one package for the first time so can't complain really (even though I just have a bit :p).

bdc 3rd March 2011 07:01 PM

Nice ones kingofwitches666/Sargento/Pete/Nemesis! :thumb:

the blob 3rd March 2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 132819)
I had a CEX exchange voucher burning a hole in my pocket so used it to pick up Donnie Darko on blu ray. I've given it a spin and if I'm honest, even though there is an improvement over the DVD, it probably isn't really worth the upgrade. For HD, it still lacks a bit of sharpness for me, although perhaps this is due to the source materials as much as anything.

Still, at least it contains both the original and director's cuts and all the extras in one package for the first time so can't complain really (even though I just have a bit :p).

My US Blu is still in the sealed to watch pile but before I only had the old R1 Fox dvd, which was a bit of an abomination really so I'm hoping for a sizeable upgrade over that. It also had one of the most jarring layer changes ever, even on players I've had that pretty much handled them seamlessly. Felt like there was a 10-hour gap waiting for it to restart so it'll be a good upgrade for that reason alone.

skankenstoned 3rd March 2011 10:42 PM

Phantom of death
designated victim
vamp
lizard in a womans skin
fright night

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 132884)
My US Blu is still in the sealed to watch pile but before I only had the old R1 Fox dvd, which was a bit of an abomination really so I'm hoping for a sizeable upgrade over that. It also had one of the most jarring layer changes ever, even on players I've had that pretty much handled them seamlessly. Felt like there was a 10-hour gap waiting for it to restart so it'll be a good upgrade for that reason alone.

Mine is out of the shrinkwrap but for some reason I still havent gotten around to watching it. I really love the artwork too. The rabbit made of smoke is pretty cool looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk