Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 19th December 2009 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got the X-Rated edition of The Bloodstained Shadow off ebay.

Attachment 3865

Rob Strange 19th December 2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 53899)
I'm going to keep it to my favourite cult and art-house films for the time being, focus on upgrading those. I was tempted to pick up Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, but HMV wanted 22 for it and I already have 3 copies of it! ha. But I will get it if I can find it cheaper.

HMV also wanted 35 for Usual Suspects!! :ack:

HMV prices can be shocking.

I've 2 dvd copies of Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance, and I want to pick up the blu ray, but I'm going to wait until the general release date (Feb iirc) and buy it from Amazon. Same with the Sympathy For Lady Vengeance blu ray.

Daemonia 20th December 2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Strange (Post 53891)
I started by just selecting a few classics, but I've since upgraded on many titles - as an addict!

That's how it starts....and it just gets worse! I can't stop! LOL! :)

I'll have to give the Heat Blu-ray a spin later and draw my own conclusions.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th December 2009 05:20 PM

I rarely trust reviews about the picture quality of blu-rays.There are so many conflicting reviews out there that the only way you can be sure is to see things for yourself and make up your own mind I saw two reviews of True Romance,one saying it was way too soft and obviously had far too much DN applied to the transfer and the other said it looked good and the softness in the image was due to the way it had been filmed.In the end,all you can truly rely on are your own eyes.

Daemonia 20th December 2009 09:26 PM

Well, just finished up watching Heat and I thought it looked and sounded terrific. I think some reviewers are overly critical IMO. It's waaaay better than previous DVD incarnations. However, the extra supplemental materials have been badly mastered and are jerky and wonky - like a bad NTSC to PAL conversion. So no doubt there'll be a proper special edition down the line. And no doubt I'll buy that too - being the film junkie that I am. :)

Pete 20th December 2009 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got this off ebay:

Attachment 3868

Any good?

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th December 2009 10:04 PM

I have the UK disc of Payback and the extras are like that.The slightest movement is jerky.I had the US disc and the extras were fine.I don't know why they're like that as all the extras are in hidef too.

Kyle 20th December 2009 11:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i love C.H.U.D. great film!

today i got these only 6 more uk tartan Asia extreme dvd's to get now

pedromonkey 21st December 2009 12:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
just got these off amazon for 12 quid....

Timecrimes
Election 2
Tokyo Zombie

BioZombie 21st December 2009 05:29 AM

Hope you enjoy Tokyo Zombie more that I did Pedro, I found it totally dire!!!!