Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 4th March 2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skankenstoned (Post 132885)
Phantom of death
designated victim
vamp
lizard in a womans skin
fright night

Nice ones skankenstoned! :thumb:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 132916)
Nice ones skankenstoned! :thumb:

Indeed. A great list of films there -- is that viewing for the weekend?

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 09:47 AM

Even though I own the R4 Death Wish/Death Wish 2 double feature dvd, I bought the individual Dutch releases of both parts on the Columbia label. At least, the 1st one was. The 2nd came today and it was the crappy fullscreen DFW dvd. Sufficed to say, I've emailed the seller to complain. :censored:

Demoncrat 4th March 2011 09:56 AM

commiserations...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 132928)
Even though I own the R4 Death Wish/Death Wish 2 double feature dvd, I bought the individual Dutch releases of both parts on the Columbia label. At least, the 1st one was. The 2nd came today and it was the crappy fullscreen DFW dvd. Sufficed to say, I've emailed the seller to complain. :censored:

can i top that in unscrupulous dealers? ordered DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILLSATION fae this "chap" on amazon as he advertised a region 1 dvd, what arrived was a dvd-r COPY of the VHS with the 3rd film "thrown in" (to salve his conscience no doubt), after nae response tae 2 rather, shall we say, restrained emails... i had amazon on my case asking me to leave feedback!!!! suffice to say it was of the worst sort that i left. they also did not respond to my complaint either, as far as i know he is still selling his shite
there, if anyone does want to get ripped off by a seller/shop based in london, PM for details. HARUMPH.:mmph:

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 10:01 AM

I believe you have bested me with that one! Some people eh. Just had a reply telling me I can send it back to the Netherlands and get a refund as it "wasn't what I expected". No shit Sherlock! Maybe shouldn't have shown the cover of the Columbia dvd then!

Demoncrat 4th March 2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 132935)
I believe you have bested me with that one! Some people eh. Just had a reply telling me I can send it back to the Netherlands and get a refund as it "wasn't what I expected". No shit Sherlock! Maybe shouldn't have shown the cover of the Columbia dvd then!

you might be surprised to learn thats not the top horror story i can tell, as im sure we have all dealt with pricks of various shades in our quest for visual fun!! hope you get your £!!:pray:

kingofwitches666 4th March 2011 12:25 PM

Just received through the post today:

Hellraiser (Anchor Bay)

Phenomena (Arrow)
:woot:

oaxaca 4th March 2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 132989)
Just received through the post today:

Hellraiser (Anchor Bay)

Phenomena (Arrow)
:woot:

Wahey!! I got PHENOMENA through the door today too :D At last!! What a great film and, from what reviews I've read, a great job by ARROW too. It certainly looks like another top package.

Got HELLRAISER the other week. Not watched it yet though. I did see VAMP last night and the AV was super. Great comedy-horror, very 80's :D... Loved Grace Jones' role as the lead vampire. Had read some reviews before watching it that she only had a cameobut I thought her part was a little bit more substantial than that. She certainly had a great presence and looked even creepier than usual with her fangs. :eyebrows:

Argentofan 4th March 2011 06:15 PM

Havent been here for a while so I've bought loads more than this but recent purchases:

Prom Night
Thriller: They Call Her One Eye
Class Of 1984
Sisters
Cannibal Apocalypse
Beyond The Darkness
Phenomena (Arrow)
Amer
Vamp

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 133100)
Havent been here for a while so I've bought loads more than this but recent purchases:

Prom Night
Thriller: They Call Her One Eye
Class Of 1984
Sisters
Cannibal Apocalypse
Beyond The Darkness
Phenomena (Arrow)
Amer
Vamp

Nice set of DVDs (and BDs?) there.