Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 29th October 2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591501)
Had they thrown a dvd into the mix i'd have definitely bought that. As it is £30 for a poster and postcards is a bit too much. I do like that new artwork though.

The dvd arrived this morning and it still looks very nice.

The contents are good but the packaging isn't great. I like digipaks but this one feels cheap and flimsy. The outer sleeve is too small and tight.

Dave Boy 29th October 2018 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 210388

plasterface 29th October 2018 08:48 PM

purchases

Candyman-great film , good job from Arrow
steelies of the fog and they live
Suspiria remake soundtrack by Thom Yorke and "lost" dark folk album bright pheobus on cd.

nosferatu42 30th October 2018 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 591497)
I watched Ghost Ship a few weeks back and loved it. The only one I really don't like is The 7th Victim.

I really liked the &th victim when i saw if a few years back.:boil:

nosferatu42 30th October 2018 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591501)
Had they thrown a dvd into the mix i'd have definitely bought that. As it is £30 for a poster and postcards is a bit too much. I do like that new artwork though.

You do realise Dem that because retailers are on the warpath to end dvd now (according to recent reports.) we will all have to switch to Blu ray eventually to play our dvd collections.

Personally i'm thinking about buying about 3 blu ray players and just stashing them somewhere to combat the inevitable rise of internet streaming twats.

So what i'm trying to say is go blu while you can still get spanking releases before the entire world succumbs to substandard genre streaming.

There's a niche market at the moment regarding blu etc because it is dying out and companies are appealing to the collector.

I really don't think it will last another 10 years to be honest.:skullscream:

Upgrade while you can and stock up on favourite films.

I'm not upgrading everything, generally i'm happy with a nice dvd quality picture, but i don't want to be stuck somewhere down the line with a lot of funky films i can't watch.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 591539)
You do realise Dem that because retailers are on the warpath to end dvd now (according to recent reports.) we will all have to switch to Blu ray eventually to play our dvd collections.

Personally i'm thinking about buying about 3 blu ray players and just stashing them somewhere to combat the inevitable rise of internet streaming twats.

So what i'm trying to say is go blu while you can still get spanking releases before the entire world succumbs to substandard genre streaming.

There's a niche market at the moment regarding blu etc because it is dying out and companies are appealing to the collector.

I really don't think it will last another 10 years to be honest.:skullscream:

Upgrade while you can and stock up on favourite films.

I'm not upgrading everything, generally i'm happy with a nice dvd quality picture, but i don't want to be stuck somewhere down the line with a lot of funky films i can't watch.

Why would you be when all blu-ray players can play dvd's?

gag 30th October 2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591547)
Why would you be when all blu-ray players can play dvd's?

And PlayStation's 3 4 and next gen consoles presumably .
A few of my friends keep saying same thing like why do I buy films when you can stream , you do know DVD blu ray will become obsolete and all that palava , most people threw out their vhs betamax films when DVD come out it was only couple year back they stopped making vhs players and people still collect vhs , and amount of vhs films that are worth a small fortune is unreal and there is still a small amount of films that have never been rereleased onto to dvd or blu-ray yet , Yes they will disappear in time to come like vhs but as long as I'm alive I'm happy to keep my collection, even tho everything is slowly becoming online streaming etc not everything is so easy to find and watch as people like to think . and you only get the film and nothing else you don't get all the extras and a lot of films you cant find certain cuts eg extended \ directors etc and do all the streaming sites have all the films you have available to watch ? And IF they do are they uncut? imo if a film fan etc there is every reason to keep your collecting and keep collection.

zeroid 30th October 2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 591549)
And PlayStation's 3 4 and next gen consoles presumably .
... and you only get the film and nothing else you don't get all the extras and a lot of films you cant find certain cuts eg extended \ directors etc and do all the streaming sites have all the films you have available to watch ? And IF they do are they uncut? imo if a film fan etc there is every reason to keep your collecting and keep collection.

I feel pretty much the same regarding streaming, basically you have to accept what you're given, with physical media I can at least make an informed choice regarding quality, content and versions etc.

Paul Zombie 30th October 2018 02:23 PM

i still think that bluray is a niche market compared to dvd in HMV. the dvd section is still at least 3 times bigger.

and i havent upgraded all by dvd collection either, only films that had bad dvd releases. and i won't be rebuying any of the blurays for this new UHD format
as i am not a millionaire unfortunatly :lol:

gag 30th October 2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 591556)
i still think that bluray is a niche market compared to dvd in HMV. the dvd section is still at least 3 times bigger.

and i havent upgraded all by dvd collection either, only films that had bad dvd releases. and i won't be rebuying any of the blurays for this new UHD format
as i am not a millionaire unfortunatly :lol:

Only time I upgrade my DVD films to blu ray is I come across the film dirt cheap .