Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

iank 15th November 2018 07:59 PM

Arrived:

https://images2.static-bluray.com/mo...276_medium.jpg

Saw this (the original cut anyway) 20 odd years back and thought it sucked. But I'll give it another go...:behindsofa:

Dave Boy 15th November 2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 592475)
Does anyone know what offers fopp currently have as going to london tomorrow!

They still have Shameless Blu rays for £6 in a rack downstairs and in the horror section.

MrBarlow 15th November 2018 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ordered this from Amamzon only to get Eliminators

Has anyone seen the other movies from the pack and are they any good?
America 3000
Arena
The Time Guardian

bleakshaun 15th November 2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 592492)

America 3000
Arena
The Time Guardian

America 3000 is painful

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 15th November 2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 592494)
America 3000 is painful

One of those type of movies that makes a dentist appointment a walk in the park?

bleakshaun 15th November 2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 592495)
One of those type of movies that makes a dentist appointment a walk in the park?

It is embarrassingly bad, bottom of the barrel cannon schlock and not the fun type

MrBarlow 15th November 2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 592496)
It is embarrassingly bad, bottom of the barrel cannon schlock and not the fun type

thanks for the warning

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th November 2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 592492)

America 3000
Arena
The Time Guardian

I have the very same set. I've seen them all but couldn't tell you a thing about them.

Basically it's just generic straight to video stuff.

SymbioticFunction 16th November 2018 03:42 PM

Happy with today's in-store HMV purchase. Got a four film Tim Burton blu-ray set for 12.99 pounds. Pleasingly the films are in separate amaray cases rather than it being a digipack. Two of the four films will definitely stay: Ed Wood and Nightmare Before Christmas.

The others were Frankenweenie (which I've never seen) and Alice In Wonderland (I recall it being a poor film but I'll revisit it anyway). Also pleasingly, the Frankenweenie blu-ray has the original 30 min live-action film as an extra - I'm very curious to see that.

So I ended up paying 6.50 each for 2 blu-rays that I wanted and worse case scenario, I also get a spare couple of 14mm amaray cases. :)

gag 16th November 2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 592519)
Happy with today's in-store HMV purchase. Got a four film Tim Burton blu-ray set for 12.99 pounds. Pleasingly the films are in separate amaray cases rather than it being a digipack. Two of the four films will definitely stay: Ed Wood and Nightmare Before Christmas.

The others were Frankenweenie (which I've never seen) and Alice In Wonderland (I recall it being a poor film but I'll revisit it anyway). Also pleasingly, the Frankenweenie blu-ray has the original 30 min live-action film as an extra - I'm very curious to see that.

So I ended up paying 6.50 each for 2 blu-rays that I wanted and worse case scenario, I also get a spare couple of 14mm amaray cases. :)

Even tho Tim Burton made (some ) classic films when looking at his filmography personally I think his films are more miss than hit . quite a few his films are OK but not that great .