Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

BAKA 4th January 2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 595401)
Nice ,How much did the zatoichi boxset cost you ?

I bought it before Amazon price collapsed it, believe it or not. I paid £149.99! Far from the £20+ some lucky people got it for. :crying: I've wanted it ever since it was announced for the US, budgeted for it when it was announced for a UK release, and don't think it's a bad price for 25 films. It's a gorgeous package, some people probably think it strange, but I don't regret paying what I did.

Justin101 4th January 2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 595414)
I bought it before Amazon price collapsed it, believe it or not. I paid £149.99! Far from the £20+ some lucky people got it for. :crying: I've wanted it ever since it was announced for the US, budgeted for it when it was announced for a UK release, and don't think it's a bad price for 25 films. It's a gorgeous package, some people probably think it strange, but I don't regret paying what I did.

Most people had their orders cancelled. The amount of entitlement over on Blu-Ray.com is ridiculous. People are genuinely annoyed that they never got an item which was mispriced by £125!!

I ordered one as a long shot never expecting it to be honoured. I got a free £5 voucher though for the inconvenience.

g053584398 4th January 2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 595414)

It is a great set I agree. I bought a second-hand dual-format copy from Ebay a few months ago, although I haven't got around to watching any of the films yet.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th January 2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 595415)
Most people had their orders cancelled. The amount of entitlement over on Blu-Ray.com is ridiculous. People are genuinely annoyed that they never got an item which was mispriced by £125!!

I ordered one as a long shot never expecting it to be honoured. I got a free £5 voucher though for the inconvenience.

I kept my pre-order at Zoom, so bought it for £134.99 with the 10% off discount. I had a 'what the hell?' moment and ordered one of the mispriced ones from Amazon as well, never expecting it to be honoured. It wasn't but, like you, I landed myself a £5 voucher, which is better than nothing.

Justin101 4th January 2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 595418)
I kept my pre-order at Zoom, so bought it for £134.99 with the 10% off discount. I had a 'what the hell?' moment and ordered one of the mispriced ones from Amazon as well, never expecting it to be honoured. It wasn't but, like you, I landed myself a £5 voucher, which is better than nothing.

I’m certainly considering it but I feel like I’ll never get around to watching them all! I haven’t even watched all of the Battles without Honour and that’s only 5 films, I haven’t even started watching Lone Wolf and Cub haha

g053584398 4th January 2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 595419)
I’m certainly considering it but I feel like I’ll never get around to watching them all! I haven’t even watched all of the Battles without Honour and that’s only 5 films, I haven’t even started watching Lone Wolf and Cub haha

I haven't got around to watching the Arrow set nor the US DVD set from a few years ago.

g053584398 4th January 2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 594423)
These arrived from music magpie.

How much did you pay for those, if you don't mind me asking?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th January 2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 595419)

I've watched both as well as the Stray Cat Rocks set! :lol:

monkeypedro 5th January 2019 12:54 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Today i traded some dvd's in Cex and picked up the 4K UHD of Meg and bought Angela's Ashes, True Blue, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and the metal briefcase edition of Inception from charity shops.

Showdown in Little Tokyo was an Ebay purchase. Marlow, Battle of Algiers, Dirty Dozen and Casablanca were Facebook group purchases.

Finally had a delivery of some Anime i ordered nearly a month ago although still awaiting a few more titles to turn up.

SymbioticFunction 5th January 2019 02:46 PM

Pleased with how I spent my Amazon UK Zatoichi set 5 pounds compensation (I was one of the many who had their 21.93 order cancelled). Bought a copy of the rather old region free Deep Rising/Puppet Masters US blu-ray off a marketplace seller for pretty much half price.

It arrived today and was still sealed, it even had the adhesive title strip still attached to the top of the case so it's never been opened. Admittedly I only bought it for Deep Rising but my wife and I will also check out the previously unseen Donald Sutherland film.

Deep Rising takes up 20gb of disc space on this double bill Mill Creek disc. I know that a superior standalone Deep Rising was fairly recently released which allocated around 30gb for the film. But I'm still not region free so that was a no go for me.

Like I said, pleased with my purchase, was definitely worth having a punt on the Zatoichi misprice just to get a free fiver from Amazon. :)