Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 17th January 2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 596127)
12 seconds were cut, gag, not just a drop of blood.

Sos, yes I'm aware but just talking about censorship and bits in general

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th January 2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 596132)
Sorry I know, I wasn't responding to you directly, I've only just seen the conversation and weighing in :lol: It's just what American distributors have been doing it for years with the whole 'cinemas won't take an NC-17 film' thing because it seriously reduces their income. I'm surprised it's taken so long for the UK to get involved with it.

:whip:

I think they did it with The Hunger Games as well. Edited out spearings and so on. That didn't bother me as it was always intended for teen audiences but something like Red Sparrow certainly wasn't. It would bore them to tears for a start. :lol:

gag 17th January 2019 12:45 PM

After all if your cutting a film down for what ever reason even to downgrade a film in theory is censorship, its all boils down the same route I just used the word censorship as a figure of speech . because the film is getting censored, some films get released then on DVD the extra bits \ scenes are added and on the front cover probably would say the censored bits not shown in the cinema .

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th January 2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 596135)
After all if your cutting a film down for what ever reason even to downgrade a film in theory is censorship, its all boils down the same route I just used the word censorship as a figure of speech . because the film is getting censored .

How is it censorship when it would have easily passed as 18 uncut?

The BBFC aren't the ones cutting the film.

Censoring is not the same thing.

gag 17th January 2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 596136)
How is it censorship when it would have easily passed as 18 uncut?

The BBFC aren't the ones cutting the film.

Censoring is not the same thing.

But we aren't talking about uncut films or BBFC, just talking in general about films being cut for what ever reason by who ever .

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th January 2019 12:53 PM

:focus:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th January 2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 596054)
Red Sparrow is cut for a 15 certificate in case you didn't know, Nos.

I didn't know that, no. I thought it was very violent for a 15 certificate when I saw it at the cinema, so if the same version is released for home viewing I'll be okay with that. I enjoyed it at the cinema, but didn't like it enough to pay over the odds for an uncut North American release.

Demoncrat 17th January 2019 05:04 PM

Picked up the old Psycho I - IV dvd set. 1. Discs immaculate. :)

Demoncrat 17th January 2019 05:12 PM

Also picked up Monty Python - Almost The Truth. UK dvds. 1.50. Behind the parrot etc etc ... interesting so far ....

bleakshaun 17th January 2019 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Delivered
Attachment 211969

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk