Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 30th January 2019 02:10 PM

Might have to get that Book of the Dead myself next time I’m in HMV, I got it when it was first published about 10 years ago, but it looks like it’s been updated :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th January 2019 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 596986)
Might have to get that Book of the Dead myself next time I’m in HMV, I got it when it was first published about 10 years ago, but it looks like it’s been updated :nod:

It looks like a really good read. This is a photo of the contents in the new version:

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...1&d=1548861703

Justin101 30th January 2019 08:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got these yesterday, forgot to post. One Cut of the Dead from Amazon (boo), Anime’s from CEX and the Chinese film is an Arrow Films release from Poundland (cost £2 lol)!!

Attachment 212284Attachment 212285Attachment 212286Attachment 212287

J Harker 31st January 2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 596986)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 596989)
It looks like a really good read. This is a photo of the contents in the new version:

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/att...1&d=1548861703

I picked this up the other day. I've only read a few chapters but it is highly informative and very well researched and a pleasure to read. Not to sound like a kid but some more photos and artwork would have been nice.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st January 2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 597021)
Got these yesterday, forgot to post. One Cut of the Dead from Amazon (boo), Anime’s from CEX and the Chinese film is an Arrow Films release from Poundland (cost £2 lol)!!

Attachment 212284Attachment 212285Attachment 212286Attachment 212287

I really want One Cut of The Dead. I was planning to get it from HMV, but that seems highly unlikely in the near future. Might have to scope out other options.

Justin101 31st January 2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 597031)
I really want One Cut of The Dead. I was planning to get it from HMV, but that seems highly unlikely in the near future. Might have to scope out other options.

The 2 disc edition is limited (I don't know how many) but once it's sold out the re-issue will only have the movie and a trailer, and no slip cover, so don't leave it too long :) Direct from Arrow or from Amazon seems to be the only options at the moment.

I watched it last night, the hype is real, I loved it!!

BAKA 31st January 2019 12:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Recent arrivals. Really excited to revisit Rituals, especially with a new HD transfer. I've never seen The Psychic, or the Milligan titles. I had to import The Night Walker after discovering Final Cut recently put it out DVD only in the UK. And my first UK new releases of the year. Couldn't resist One Cut Of The Dead, despite the price, there was a genuine buzz at FrightFest this year for it.

Absolute shocker, no Arrow releases! It's not that I don't want anything they've put out this year, it's the prices. From £12.50 a new release to nearly £20, thanks to the troubles of HMV. I'm a little disappointed Arrow haven't had the foresight to hold some kind of promotion, even a 2 for £30 or something like that. And it's knocking on to labels they distribute. There's at least one Second Run title I would have picked up at standard price.

Justin101 31st January 2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 597046)
Recent arrivals.

Nice purchases! I've watched The Inheritors and One Cut of the Dead over the last two days, enjoyed both of them! One Cut especially had me laughing out loud in the last 30 minutes!!

I agree about HMV affecting price, and it's affecting Arrow/Second Sight/Third Window more than most I think. I had to get One Cut from Amazon which I don't like doing, and it's stopped me from buying Waterworld. Hopefully the HMV rescue bid will be revealed shortly and things will start going back to normal, or as close as normal as possible!

If Arrow did their new releases at £15 for pre-order and the first week of sales I'd order from them directly but £18 is too much...

platostotal 31st January 2019 04:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up this pair today, the kinowelt Wanderers was a nice surprise and tho I thought I had the Entertainment triple box set already Oxfam were purging discs that are more than 6 months in-store for 99p so grabbed it and I can't seem to find it amongst my stuff so it must have gone walkies somewhere:lol:
so glad I got it.

gag 31st January 2019 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't know if any good bit for a £1 , and I enjoyed Tokyo gore police