Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151368Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2019, 02:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Might have to get that Book of the Dead myself next time I’m in HMV, I got it when it was first published about 10 years ago, but it looks like it’s been updated
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th January 2019, 02:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Might have to get that Book of the Dead myself next time I’m in HMV, I got it when it was first published about 10 years ago, but it looks like it’s been updated
It looks like a really good read. This is a photo of the contents in the new version:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Book of the Dead.jpg (71.4 KB, 118 views)
Rik, Justin101, trebor8273 and 2 others like this.
Old 30th January 2019, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran

Got these yesterday, forgot to post. One Cut of the Dead from Amazon (boo), Anime’s from CEX and the Chinese film is an Arrow Films release from Poundland (cost £2 lol)!!

IMG_0871.jpgIMG_0872.jpgIMG_0873.jpgIMG_0874.jpg

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st January 2019, 12:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It looks like a really good read. This is a photo of the contents in the new version:

I picked this up the other day. I've only read a few chapters but it is highly informative and very well researched and a pleasure to read. Not to sound like a kid but some more photos and artwork would have been nice.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 31st January 2019, 06:49 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Got these yesterday, forgot to post. One Cut of the Dead from Amazon (boo), Anime’s from CEX and the Chinese film is an Arrow Films release from Poundland (cost £2 lol)!!

Attachment 212284Attachment 212285Attachment 212286Attachment 212287
I really want One Cut of The Dead. I was planning to get it from HMV, but that seems highly unlikely in the near future. Might have to scope out other options.
Old 31st January 2019, 08:34 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I really want One Cut of The Dead. I was planning to get it from HMV, but that seems highly unlikely in the near future. Might have to scope out other options.
The 2 disc edition is limited (I don't know how many) but once it's sold out the re-issue will only have the movie and a trailer, and no slip cover, so don't leave it too long Direct from Arrow or from Amazon seems to be the only options at the moment.

I watched it last night, the hype is real, I loved it!!

Old 31st January 2019, 12:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Recent arrivals. Really excited to revisit Rituals, especially with a new HD transfer. I've never seen The Psychic, or the Milligan titles. I had to import The Night Walker after discovering Final Cut recently put it out DVD only in the UK. And my first UK new releases of the year. Couldn't resist One Cut Of The Dead, despite the price, there was a genuine buzz at FrightFest this year for it.

Absolute shocker, no Arrow releases! It's not that I don't want anything they've put out this year, it's the prices. From £12.50 a new release to nearly £20, thanks to the troubles of HMV. I'm a little disappointed Arrow haven't had the foresight to hold some kind of promotion, even a 2 for £30 or something like that. And it's knocking on to labels they distribute. There's at least one Second Run title I would have picked up at standard price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbhaul09.jpg (95.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cbhaul10.jpg (98.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg cbhaul11.jpg (98.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 31st January 2019, 12:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Recent arrivals.
Nice purchases! I've watched The Inheritors and One Cut of the Dead over the last two days, enjoyed both of them! One Cut especially had me laughing out loud in the last 30 minutes!!

I agree about HMV affecting price, and it's affecting Arrow/Second Sight/Third Window more than most I think. I had to get One Cut from Amazon which I don't like doing, and it's stopped me from buying Waterworld. Hopefully the HMV rescue bid will be revealed shortly and things will start going back to normal, or as close as normal as possible!

If Arrow did their new releases at £15 for pre-order and the first week of sales I'd order from them directly but £18 is too much...

Old 31st January 2019, 04:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Picked up this pair today, the kinowelt Wanderers was a nice surprise and tho I thought I had the Entertainment triple box set already Oxfam were purging discs that are more than 6 months in-store for 99p so grabbed it and I can't seem to find it amongst my stuff so it must have gone walkies somewhere
so glad I got it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg wand.jpeg (54.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg enter.jpg (15.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 31st January 2019, 05:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't know if any good bit for a £1 , and I enjoyed Tokyo gore police
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190131_184132.jpg (84.7 KB, 11 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!