Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 07:31 AM

Excellent haul, kingofwitches666 -- there are some terrific titles there which were a steal for just 50p!

oaxaca 14th March 2011 08:09 AM

Well done Pedro and King! Great bargains!!:clap:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 11:54 AM

The postman came earlier today and brought 15 Storys High: Series 1 and 2 and Psychoville, which I bought from Play.com last Tuesday for £5 each. I've seen both of them before and they are both brilliantly funny and innovative comedy series.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 135415)
The postman came earlier today and brought 15 Storys High: Series 1 and 2 and Psychoville, which I bought from Play.com last Tuesday for £5 each. I've seen both of them before and they are both brilliantly funny and innovative comedy series.

I enjoyed Psychoville - whilst it's nowhere near The League of Gentlemen, it's still a good watch. I hear they're supposed to be making a second series, too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 135430)
I enjoyed Psychoville - whilst it's nowhere near The League of Gentlemen, it's still a good watch. I hear they're supposed to be making a second series, too.

I enjoyed it too but wasn't too bothered about picking up the Blu-ray set, especially as the whole thing on DVD was just five quid! A second series would be an interesting watch as I'd love to see what the focus of that one would be. I had a look at a couple of episodes from the first series of The League of Gentlemen last week and had forgotten just how brilliantly subversive, dark and funny it is.

AndyFrantic 14th March 2011 06:45 PM

Looking forward to watching these 2 i received from Amazon today :happy:,

Day of the Dead
City of the Living Dead

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 07:08 PM

I picked up LET ME IN today.
Once again,a lot of thought to the artwork eh?:rolleyes:

COME ON THIS MARKS THE RETURN OF HAMMER!

Looks like a junior episode of Twilight.:(

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyFrantic (Post 135502)
Looking forward to watching these 2 i received from Amazon today :happy:,

Day of the Dead
City of the Living Dead

Luverly :cool:

Postman delivered my copy of Arrow's Spirits Of The Dead. Looking forward to watching this....when I get a chance.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 07:16 PM

Nice package innit?

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th March 2011 07:20 PM

It certainly is. Still to remove the wrapping and have a look at the alternate panels.