Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

markchro 17th April 2019 07:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
From the Arrow Easter sale I ordered:

platostotal 17th April 2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 601860)
Felt like watching more Ghost In The Shell so ordered Laughing Man, Individual Eleven and Solid State Society blu-rays. My understanding is that the first two are series 1 and 2 of the television series very skillfully edited into 150 minute films. Should be very entertaining for my wife and I to watch. I currently own both of the classic Mamoru Oshii films and the fairly recent Western live action adaption (which was actually quite entertaining imo). :)

Yep, tho of course they do lose a bit edited but they are top anime, series 1 & 2 are essential and the chopped down sets are a much easier watch without the outros for each episode (the twittering robots after every episode sorely tested my patience)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th April 2019 06:54 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Second (and final) Arrow sale order:

Susan Foreman 18th April 2019 01:12 PM

Howard has just been delivered

monkeypedro 18th April 2019 02:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Heimat, Heimat 2, Spitting Image 1-7 and Seven Mortal Sins from Music Magpie. The Quake, Red Hook Summer, Chaos Head from Ebay. Rampant was from the Facebook Groups. POTC5 from Amazon as part of the promo glitch and now just waiting for dates for the rest to be delivered as were out of stock when ordered.

Justin101 18th April 2019 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It’s payday today and I had a bit of spare cash in my wallet from last month so grabbed this in HMV.

Attachment 214290

monkeypedro 20th April 2019 10:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Villiage charity shop pick ups this morning. Nice find on the anime as it was not on the shelves yet and were only 3 for £1.

SymbioticFunction 20th April 2019 12:52 PM

Bought Australian Day of the Dead ultimate edition blu-ray from ebay for 20 quid (the UK seller still has copies left). Should be a nice upgrade for a classic film - my current old US Anchor Bay bd has washed out colours and is slightly vertically squished.

Nostalgic 20th April 2019 02:46 PM

Bought sleepaway camp 1-3 from cex (mainly due to the commentaries from the filmmakers), can anybody advise on the state (ie: cut, "uncut" etc) of part 1 in this uk box. I tried googling it but came across a bunch of confusing stuff about the print having scenes missing/out of sequence. Very confused! Help!

Also, part 3 is rated 15 while the 88 blu is an 18. Different/longer cuts?
I'm more curious than anything else, the box was cheaper than the spanish blu of part 1 on its own (which has no extras).

Happy to have the set!

gag 20th April 2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 602021)
Bought sleepaway camp 1-3 from cex (mainly due to the commentaries from the filmmakers), can anybody advise on the state (ie: cut, "uncut" etc) of part 1 in this uk box. I tried googling it but came across a bunch of confusing stuff about the print having scenes missing/out of sequence. Very confused! Help!

Also, part 3 is rated 15 while the 88 blu is an 18. Different/longer cuts?
I'm more curious than anything else, the box was cheaper than the spanish blu of part 1 on its own (which has no extras).

Happy to have the set!

You find all the answers here its easy to work out if you watch the films , my boxset the cut versions only one uncut but can't remember exactly which one .

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=5074629