Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Linbro 20th June 2019 11:19 PM

I have a Panasonic 4k player, which is awesome, and the 'Top Menu' trick works for a number of region locked titles - but I now have a few that won't unlock. So, I picked up a modified Sony player from a local seller.

gag 21st June 2019 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All from cex, all 3 films £2 each, not seen any so any opinions ?
Shadow of mordor £5 any good ?
Just wanted a cheap game to play, bought Tomb raiders definitive edition few week back, really enjoyed it but finished it now.
Still playing red dead II but I just keep dipping in out of that.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st June 2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 605622)
Arrived today.

Attachment 216130Attachment 216131Attachment 216132

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

I love the Toy Story films – where did you buy them? I think it's really annoying that the UK is left behind in the 4K market and so many really good films are released on Ultra HD Blu-ray in the US but not here.

Prince_Vajda 21st June 2019 03:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some of today's arrivals.

/// Arrow sale.
Attachment 216228

/// German mediabooks.
Attachment 216229

bleakshaun 21st June 2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605861)
All from cex, all 3 films £2 each, not seen any so any opinions ?

Shadow of mordor £5 any good ?

Just wanted a cheap game to play, bought Tomb raiders definitive edition few week back, really enjoyed it but finished it now.

Still playing red dead II but I just keep dipping in out of that.

Shadow of Mordor is a masterpiece of a game

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

monkeypedro 22nd June 2019 12:49 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Banana Splits & Tom of Finland - Cex
Iceman & Conan The Destroyer - Asda
The Fosters Season 1 &2 - Network
Ulysses 31 - Ebay
Anime box sets - Music Magpie
The Nice Guys - Poundland
James Stewart Box Set, Tootsie, Dark Crystal & Black Joy - Zoom
Arrietty & Wind Rises Steelbooks - Zavvi
Predator 4K Trilogy, Harakiri, Megatime Squad, Go To Hell Bastards & Class of 1999 - Facebook
Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies, Smooth Talk & Blood on Satans Claw - ClassicFilmsDirect

monkeypedro 22nd June 2019 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Purchases from the market this morning.

Rik 22nd June 2019 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Came home from teaching to find this waiting for me, £22 delivered from Rarewaves on eBay, only took three weeks to get here :lol:

Attachment 216264

SymbioticFunction 22nd June 2019 01:33 PM

Received UK Hannibal Lecter blu-ray collection today. Checked Hannibal and it does have the correct framing (yay! my old copy was vertically stretched with top information missing). Kinda odd that there's two different blu-ray versions in the marketplace with no way of knowing which one you'll end up with.

It was a similar thing with the UK bds of Get Carter (there's copies with dodgy altered dialogue at the start). Am curious to also watch Red Dragon again. At the risk of sounding like a right ol' snob, it slightly amused me to see 'A Brett Ratner film' on the front cover (he's no Michael Mann or Ridley Scott is he?). :)

Rik 22nd June 2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 605956)
Received UK Hannibal Lecter blu-ray collection today. Checked Hannibal and it does have the correct framing (yay! my old copy was vertically stretched with top information missing). Kinda odd that there's two different blu-ray versions in the marketplace with no way of knowing which one you'll end up with.

It was a similar thing with the UK bds of Get Carter (there's copies with dodgy altered dialogue at the start). Am curious to also watch Red Dragon again. At the risk of sounding like a right ol' snob, it slightly amused me to see 'A Brett Ratner film' on the front cover (he's no Michael Mann or Ridley Scott is he?). :)

I prefer Red Dragon to Manhunter, purely because they got the ending right and I never liked Brian Cox as Hannibal Lektor (why spell his name wrong!!).
I do like Manhunter BTW :nod: