Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th June 2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 606091)
Finally picked up a blu-ray of Train To Busan from Cex. Been meaning to pick it up for a while. I've seen it once before and liked it. Sunday afternoon viewing. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 606110)
I bought that in HMV a couple of weeks ago in the 2 for £13 offer, I was hoping to watch it tonight actually!

Really rate this one myself. :nod:

Rik 24th June 2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 606127)
No worries. Just a warning that Wow ship everything in flimsy cardboard mailers. I personally haven't had any serious issues with their packaging, but it's not the best if you're ordering releases that come in digipacks or that have slipcovers.

Personally, I'm happy to pay the extra few bucks to Diabolik for peace of mind that my discs will arrive mint.

I’ve never had an issue with anything arriving damaged from WOW, but I have had two items damaged from Diabolik, Grindhouse’s Cannibal Holocaust came with a crushed slipcase and Manchester Morgue had a ripped slip cover :nod:

Quick email fired off to them both times and they sent replacement covers free of charge, so I can’t complain :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th June 2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 606131)
I’ve never had an issue with anything arriving damaged from WOW, but I have had two items damaged from Diabolik, Grindhouse’s Cannibal Holocaust came with a crushed slipcase and Manchester Morgue had a ripped slip cover :nod:

Quick email fired off to them both times and they sent replacement covers free of charge, so I can’t complain :)

I've been ordering from Diabolik for years (they became my main source for obscure imports after Xploited Cinema ceased trading). The only issue I can recall having is when they accidentally sent me the wrong version of Franco's 99 Women. They quickly sent me the correct version and refunded me the postage on the other version before they even received it back.

Rik 24th June 2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 606133)
I've been ordering from Diabolik for years (they became my main source for obscure imports after Xploited Cinema ceased trading). The only issue I can recall having is when they accidentally sent me the wrong version of Franco's 99 Women. They quickly sent me the correct version and refunded me the postage on the other version before they even received it back.

I’ve used them a few times, and those two times are the only times anything went wrong and like I said, they sorted it without any hassle, I’ll definitely keep using them, but sometimes WOWHD come out cheaper and I’m a Yorkshireman :lol:

Prince_Vajda 24th June 2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 606134)
I’ve used them a few times, and those two times are the only times anything went wrong and like I said, they sorted it without any hassle, I’ll definitely keep using them, but sometimes WOWHD come out cheaper and I’m a Yorkshireman :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th June 2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 606134)

I only tend to use them for the more obscure stuff that I can't get from Wow - Code Red & Scorpion stuff mainly.

SymbioticFunction 25th June 2019 12:29 AM

Ordered the French blu-ray of Brides of Dracula. I currently own the UK bd and the 2.00:1 aspect ratio is incredibly annoying (loads of picture information missing from the bottom).

I know Final Cut only had access to a problematic US master but it really did seem quite shifty to describe the ratio as 16:9 on the back of the UK bd's cover.

btw Earlier today, somebody confirmed to me that subtitles are definitely not forced on the French blu-ray.

I'll still keep the Final Cut UK bd for the 30 minute making-of (I'll put it in a two disc amaray with the new bd).

Linbro 25th June 2019 02:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived...

Susan Foreman 25th June 2019 01:48 PM

Fopp - DVD's - £3:00 each

The Conformist - Arrow Academy
Cabin Fever - Arrow 2016 version
Roger Waters: The Wall
Hatchet 4: Victor Crowley

trebor8273 25th June 2019 06:02 PM

8 Attachment(s)
From music magpie

Attachment 216310Attachment 216311Attachment 216312Attachment 216313Attachment 216314Attachment 216315Attachment 216316Attachment 216317

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk