Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Kyle 17th March 2011 06:47 PM

awesome! i just realised that this was a thread i started, glad its been so popular and is sill being used

mercury 17th March 2011 07:25 PM

Bought Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes dvd Steelbook for £3 today. I was totaly chuffed that I had got a bargin until I came home and discovered it isn't that more expensive online:doh: Anyway I saw it and had to buy it. Just ordered The Beyond from Amazon:woot:

Sargento 17th March 2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 136394)
Bought Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes dvd Steelbook for £3 today. I was totaly chuffed that I had got a bargin until I came home and discovered it isn't that more expensive online:doh: Anyway I saw it and had to buy it. Just ordered The Beyond from Amazon:woot:

Think I saw this in HMV sale in store for £3 too. It's OK for about half hour then turns into a bore fest.

PaulD 17th March 2011 08:16 PM

Payday so treated myself to Suspiria Bluray. Haven't seen this for a few years so can't wait to see it in HD!

Paul@TheOverlook 17th March 2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 136415)
Payday so treated myself to Suspiria Bluray. Haven't seen this for a few years so can't wait to see it in HD!

It's a cracker in HD - I was well impressed, almost as good as watching it the first tine in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingofwitches666 18th March 2011 12:09 AM

Got from Poundland today:

Death Sentence

The Cry of the Owl (Paddy Considine & Julia Stiles star)

Prom Night (remake)

No Basic Instinct 2 in stock though. :(

nekromantik 18th March 2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 136505)
Got from Poundland today:

Death Sentence

The Cry of the Owl (Paddy Considine & Julia Stiles star)

Prom Night (remake)

No Basic Instinct 2 in stock though. :(

I like Death Sentence. its pretty awesome lil flick. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 05:22 AM

I've still not seen Death Sentence. Which one follows the novel more closely, this or Death Wish 2? I'm not sure any of them do tbh, I think they went with their own stories.

antmumford 18th March 2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 136528)
I've still not seen Death Sentence. Which one follows the novel more closely, this or Death Wish 2? I'm not sure any of them do tbh, I think they went with their own stories.

I thoroughly enjoyed Death Sentence so was chuffed to find it in Poundland. Proper bargain. It's quite a brutal film and Kevin Bacon is as awesome as ever too.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 07:09 AM

I'd be very surprised if I find it in my local Poundland. I might pop down later just to see anyway.