Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th June 2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 606565)
When I get round to watching it sometime next year after watching all other stuff:lol:, watching at the moment, night manager, starsky and hutch, full series of Tales from the crypt beside other tv shows, and that doesn't include films I'm watching or games I'm playing.

Go on, what do you think of The Night Manager?

SymbioticFunction 30th June 2019 07:08 AM

Much as I hate to support a 'streaming rather than physical copy' business model, I bought a hd copy of Young Sherlock Holmes for 3.99 from Amazon Prime.

It's to be a birthday gift for my wife, in a fortnight's time (but I also enjoy it). Quite often, when I think of 'mainstream' films that I badly want on blu-ray, it's a Paramount title. These folks are the absolute worst at releasing catalogue titles.

Frustratingly I've discovered that numerous Paramount films are available in hd on Amazon Prime so the hd masters exist yet they still haven't released a blu-ray. Other examples are The Two Jakes, Funeral In Berlin, the original The Longest Yard and the Warren Beatty Heaven Can Wait (those films are all a pricey 7.99).

For some reason, Amazon Prime's Young Sherlock Holmes won't stream in high definition through my PS3, PS4 or blu-ray player but luckily it will through our 4K television. It doesn't look quite as good as an actual blu-ray but it looks a lot better than a dvd.

btw Avoid (like the plague) buying the Amazon Prime copy of Michael Mann's The Keep. Cost me 6.99 and it was just a 4:3 vhs quality copy. To say I was gutted, would be an understatement! I wished I'd just stuck with my widescreen laserdisc rip. :nono:

monkeypedro 30th June 2019 09:20 AM

8 Attachment(s)
This weeks purchases

Facebook: Mountain of the Cannibal God, Forbidden World, Full Moon Box Sets, Wicked Wicked, Strange Love of Martha Ivers, Macarbre
Ebay: The Beast, Genshiken
Music Magpie: EF Season 2, Overlord, New York New York
Zoom: The Fisher King
Zavvi: American Horror Project Vol.2

Last Photo charity shop purchases £6 the lot.

Susan Foreman 30th June 2019 10:25 AM

Box sets from the charity shop

The Wire - Complete HBO Series 1-5 - 24 disc DVD set - £5.00
Dad's Army - The Complete Collection - Series 1-9 + Christmas Specials - 14 disc DVD set - £5.00

bleakshaun 1st July 2019 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These 3
Attachment 216477

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

gag 1st July 2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 606566)
Go on, what do you think of The Night Manager?

Don't ask me to compare adaptation from the book because I just don't really do much book reading of that type, so got no idea .
I've only watched 2 episodes so far and from what I've seen I've enjoyed, its defiantly one of the greater cat and mouse style to keep you interested enough to watch and look forward to the next episode, without having ridiculous amount of Ott action etc, future episode might I don't know ;). Its nice and slowly paced build up as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 606634)
Don't ask me to compare adaptation from the book because I just don't really do much book reading of that type, so got no idea .
I've only watched 2 episodes so far and from what I've seen I've enjoyed, its defiantly one of the greater cat and mouse style to keep you interested enough to watch and look forward to the next episode, without having ridiculous amount of Ott action etc, future episode might I don't know ;). Its nice and slowly paced build up as well.

Glad you are enjoying it, gag. I thought it was brilliant both times i've watched it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st July 2019 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought the new Scott Adkins movie AVENGEMENT the other day, only for the director to tell me that the German release (which I got), is heavily censored. I’m usually on top of things like that, but it never occurred to check beforehand as I hadn’t thought it would be cut.

Bought the UK version that was released today, and bloody hell it’s one violent film. Heads being blown off with shotguns, chunks of necks being ripped out by teeth, and a scene that rivals American History X’s kerb one, shown not once, but twice!

Attachment 216478

platostotal 1st July 2019 07:27 PM

6 Attachment(s)
A few picks over the weekend, I dived into shops on Saturday to keep out of the heat and got a few surprising buys, yep that's 2 copies of Tron one BD the other a 2 disc dvd version was only 50p as were the othe dvds (chuffed to find the AB UK Dr Terror, another AB title to the pile) Eiger was £3.99, £2.99 each for the other 2

trebor8273 1st July 2019 08:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got these from HMV.