Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 02:00 PM

Hudson Hawk and The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane. Two of my favourite films. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 02:00 PM

I've never seen it but would probably pay £1 just to see if it is as bad as everyone makes him out to be and to be able to say "I've seen Gigli and survived!" The same goes for Swept Away, another film that I have just never seen but always fancy seeing just out of morbid curiosity.

That was the whole reason why I rented The Last Airbender which is truly awful and probably below dreadful! Given that people went to see that either because they were fans of the anime series or out of morbid curiosity because of the scathing reviews, I expect the box office takings for the sequel, if it ever comes off, to be extremely low.

Paul@TheOverlook 18th March 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 136660)
Hudson Hawk and The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane. Two of my favourite films. :nod:

They're both great "bad" films. You can totally understand why they were both kicked to death's door by the critics, but they're fun and entertaining, and really funny at times too. I lost count how many times I've seen them.

gag 18th March 2011 02:05 PM

Last Airbender won loads of awards for things like, worst films of the yr, worst director year, even won a new award cant remember exactly what its called but something like worst pain staking use of 3d,,

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 136663)
Last Airbender won loads of awards for things like, worst films of the yr, worst director year, even won a new award cant remember exactly what its called but something like worst pain staking use of 3d,,

The award was:
Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D
(Special category for 2010!)

I love that description and it would apply to just about everything that was filmed 'normally' and retrofitted for 3-D -- Alice in Wonderland was utterly awful.

Beyond72 18th March 2011 04:22 PM

All dirt cheap pre owned:

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky - fun movie!

Riding the Bullet - ..Like the homage to Christine.

The Dead next Door - A pretty amazing achievement for an 18 year old, but with a low tolerance for zero budget movies I switched it off before the end. :lol: The crappy sound and picture didn't help much either.

AXE - Haven't watched it yet, but nice little package anyway.

Sargento 18th March 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 136660)

And Grease 2 ...

Hmmm

:rolleyes:

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 136690)
And Grease 2 ...

Hmmm

:rolleyes:

You forgot Cool As Ice and films featuring Amanda Bynes. :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 136662)
They're both great "bad" films. You can totally understand why they were both kicked to death's door by the critics, but they're fun and entertaining, and really funny at times too. I lost count how many times I've seen them.

I actually own two copies of Ford Fairlane. The R1 disc for the extras and the R4 disc for the artwork.

Paul@TheOverlook 18th March 2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 136695)
I actually own two copies of Ford Fairlane. The R1 disc for the extras and the R4 disc for the artwork.

I have them both too :lol:

US artwork is pretty poor. The artwork used for the soundrack was good, but to my knowledge, never used for any home video releases.