Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st September 2019 11:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I received these from 88 Films on Thursday:

trebor8273 21st September 2019 09:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Mod squad from music magpie, rest charity shop finds.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st September 2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 611643)
Mod squad from music magpie, rest charity shop finds.

I enjoyed The Runestone, Treb.

It's fairly gory if low budget man in a rubber suit Nordic folk tale stuff, as long as you don't go in expecting anything out of this world you may well enjoy it as i did.

Mr. Barlow hated it if i recall.

MrBarlow 21st September 2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 611645)
I enjoyed The Runestone, Treb.

It's fairly gory if low budget man in a rubber suit Nordic folk tale stuff, as long as you don't go in expecting anything out of this world you may well enjoy it as i did.

Mr. Barlow hated it if i recall.

I wasn't keen on it at first but gave it a re-watch seemed better second time round:pop2:

nosferatu42 22nd September 2019 02:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to Brighton yesterday and got these in a 2 for 1 deal in HMV. :pop2:

Attachment 219148 Attachment 219149

troggi 22nd September 2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 611671)

I haven't seen Jubilee for years. I seem to remember I kinda enjoyed it.

I bought this:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....vL._SY550_.jpg yesterday to continue my voyage into the Grand Line on the "Going Merry".

Six down, forty-one to go (I think).

dis 22nd September 2019 04:43 PM

hi guys, yeah thatbaws the Vipco version I had.
glad I finally got the Arrow version!
Blu ray too!
whtas missing on the boat scene then?

THANKS AGAIN

Rik 22nd September 2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dis (Post 611679)
hi guys, yeah thatbaws the Vipco version I had.
glad I finally got the Arrow version!
Blu ray too!
whtas missing on the boat scene then?

THANKS AGAIN

Nothing now, but the very first pressing were missing 6 seconds of the boat travelling down the Hudson River due to the different titles branching, providing you’ve bought a brand new copy you should have the corrected version :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2019 05:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

Just wanted The Ghoul for the Newman / Jones commentary track. Night of the Bloody Apes on Nucleus was only £1.99 on Music Magpie. Even though i already have a very good version on a VCI set titled South of the Border it was worth picking up.

nosferatu42 22nd September 2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 611674)
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Yellow"]I haven't seen Jubilee for years. I seem to remember I kinda enjoyed it.

I've seen it years ago and always remember really liking parts of "Jubilee" but being underwhelmed at the time at the film as a whole..

But like "The Great rock n' roll swindle" they are both a mix of ideas, some of which work and others don't, i know much more about the punk scene now than i did so it will be interesting to watch again for reappraisal and as a social document of the times.

"When the wind blows" i haven't seen since they showed it to us at school when we were about 14, which was nice.:rolleyes:

Schools were like that back in the day,i'm pretty sure they enjoyed traumatising the kids, what with that and the kids in peril government stuff.

"Apache" totally screwed my mind up as a kid, but i never went playing with farmyard machinery, so that stuff must have worked.:wise:

I know it's depressing but i have a compulsion to get stuff that affected me growing up.

Now where is my "Plague dogs" dvd...:pop2: