Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 8th December 2019 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Delivered from amazon
Attachment 221295

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2019 07:37 PM

6 Attachment(s)
New arrivals.

Stephen has said in the past how much he likes A Christmas Story so i took the plunge when i saw it in Sainsbury's.

nosferatu42 8th December 2019 07:44 PM

I really like A Christmas story too so hope you enjoy it Dem.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 616753)
I really like A Christmas story too so hope you enjoy it Dem.

Ha,ha...no pressure on me then. :lol:

It's from Bob Clark so i expect the kid to either turn into a zombie, abuse the sorority house of girls next door with obscene phone calls, play with dead things or at the very least behave deranged.

iank 9th December 2019 03:06 AM

Arrived:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wUgAA...Ym/s-l1600.jpg

trebor8273 9th December 2019 10:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
arrived today.

SymbioticFunction 9th December 2019 01:09 PM

Picked up a Once Upon A Time In Hollywood blu-ray from my local supermarket. Just went with a 1080p version as despite having a 4K player, I'm only picking up occasional 4K UHDs of my favorite films.

I'd probably think differently if there wasn't a massive 10 pounds difference between the regular blu-ray and the 4K UHD. After staff discount and nectar points, it was just six pounds which is pretty cool. Haven't seen it yet and my wife and I will watch this very afternoon.

I've also recently bought second hand bds of Tron, Cabin In The Woods and the Evil Dead remake. I wasn't too impressed with those two horror films first time around but figured that I'd give them another viewing. I enjoyed them more second time around.

Cabin In The Woods particularly disappointed me when I first saw it as expectations were extremely high due to a cover quote describing it as a 'game changer' (it's just an entertaining tongue-in-cheek popcorn horror imo).

I bought Tron since I dearly love the Tron Legacy sequel and thought that because of that, I really should also own the original movie. :) Pleasingly I can actually watch this one with the Mrs (she had absolutely no interest in revisiting those two horrors and I had to watch them whilst she was at work!).

btw Watched A Christmas Story last Thursday. My American wife loves that film! (I can take or leave it).

J Harker 9th December 2019 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just arrived from 88s last chance sale.Attachment 221315

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nostalgic 9th December 2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 616778)
Picked up a Once Upon A Time In Hollywood blu-ray from my local supermarket. Just went with a 1080p version as despite having a 4K player, I'm only picking up occasional 4K UHDs of my favorite films.

I'd probably think differently if there wasn't a massive 10 pounds difference between the regular blu-ray and the 4K UHD. After staff discount and nectar points, it was just six pounds which is pretty cool. Haven't seen it yet and my wife and I will watch this very afternoon.

I've also recently bought second hand bds of Tron, Cabin In The Woods and the Evil Dead remake. I wasn't too impressed with those two horror films first time around but figured that I'd give them another viewing. I enjoyed them more second time around.

Cabin In The Woods particularly disappointed me when I first saw it as expectations were extremely high due to a cover quote describing it as a 'game changer' (it's just an entertaining tongue-in-cheek popcorn horror imo).

I bought Tron since I dearly love the Tron Legacy sequel and thought that because of that, I really should also own the original movie. :) Pleasingly I can actually watch this one with the Mrs (she had absolutely no interest in revisiting those two horrors and I had to watch them whilst she was at work!).

btw Watched A Christmas Story last Thursday. My American wife loves that film! (I can take or leave it).

Is Once Upon A Time worth the blu purchase? Ie: anything extra the dvd doesnt have?

Thanks

SymbioticFunction 10th December 2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 616800)
Is Once Upon A Time worth the blu purchase? Ie: anything extra the dvd doesnt have?

Thanks

'Fraid I don't have any knowledge of what's on the dvd. I just picked up the bd without paying any attention to the other two formats. But if it helps any, it looks very nice in 1080p.