Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2020 02:55 PM

I thought Tomb Raider was pretty decent. Hope you like it too, Nos.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th January 2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618330)
I thought Tomb Raider was pretty decent. Hope you like it too, Nos.

Based on the trailer, I thought Tomb Raider looked like it should be good so I hope it lives up to the promise and doesn't turn out to be a waste of £9.99!

I could have easily bought another five or six, if not twice that, but was trying not to spend much money and to avoid double dipping/upgrading from films I already own and would be unlikely to watch more than once. It was only when I got home and was adding them to my DVD Profiler database that I discovered I already own Salt, though what I don't know his why I can't remember a unit and whether that's a sign of anything.

gag 9th January 2020 09:58 AM

Tbh I haven't got all the nasties on film, so I'm going to try and concentrate on completing the full list this year .

gag 9th January 2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618333)
Based on the trailer, I thought Tomb Raider looked like it should be good so I hope it lives up to the promise and doesn't turn out to be a waste of £9.99!

I could have easily bought another five or six, if not twice that, but was trying not to spend much money and to avoid double dipping/upgrading from films I already own and would be unlikely to watch more than once. It was only when I got home and was adding them to my DVD Profiler database that I discovered I already own Salt, though what I don't know his why I can't remember a unit and whether that's a sign of anything.

Wouldn't worry about it I buy films all time cheap from charity shops etc then when sorting out my films realise I already own them , when going through my film pile recently and throwing to one side what I don't want or won't watch again there is at least 6 or 7 so far I've found out I've got twice , eg Basket case , hills have eyes., lhotl .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th January 2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 618363)
Wouldn't worry about it I buy films all time cheap from charity shops etc then when sorting out my films realise I already own them , when going through my film pile recently and throwing to one side what I don't want or won't watch again there is at least 6 or 7 so far I've found out I've got twice , eg Basket case , hills have eyes., lhotl .

I wanted to buy films which I didn't have in any format and was successful with three of them, but I have the Blu-ray release of Salt meaning this purchase will be an upgrade. I'll probably give the standard Blu-ray to charity.

Paul@TheOverlook 9th January 2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618333)

I didn’t care for Tomb Raider - it’s not a bad film but not at all memorable.

I must be one of the only people who doesn’t hate Justice League - I thought it was fun.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 618374)

I must be one of the only people who doesn’t hate Justice League - I thought it was fun.

Gets a thumbs up round these parts too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th January 2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 618374)
I didn’t care for Tomb Raider - it’s not a bad film but not at all memorable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618380)
Gets a thumbs up round these parts too.

If Tomb Raider is a film I'll happily watch a couple of times, then I won't consider the purchase a waste of money.

As for Justice League, as long as it's better than Man of Steel and on par with (or better than) Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice with some reference quality sound visuals and enjoyable and/or informative extra features, then I'll be happy with the purchase.

Paul@TheOverlook 9th January 2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618381)
If Tomb Raider is a film I'll happily watch a couple of times, then I won't consider the purchase a waste of money.

As for Justice League, as long as it's better than Man of Steel and on par with (or better than) Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice with some reference quality sound visuals and enjoyable and/or informative extra features, then I'll be happy with the purchase.

I liked Man of Steel for its first two acts and then it descended into CGI mayhem and became all a bit joyless. For me there a sense of the makers trying to shoehorn Superman into the dark, gritty world of Nolan’s Batman too - just didn’t work for me.

Justice League is not without its problems but it’s brisk.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th January 2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 618383)
I liked Man of Steel for its first two acts and then it descended into CGI mayhem and became all a bit joyless. For me there a sense of the makers trying to shoehorn Superman into the dark, gritty world of Nolan’s Batman too - just didn’t work for me.

Justice League is not without its problems but it’s brisk.

They were my thoughts about Man of Steel as well. The character development was well handled, but when that was all replaced by Zod and Superman fighting each other – and destroying a lot of Metropolis – it became very repetitive and boring.