Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nosferatu42 23rd January 2020 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Charity shop pick up. £1

Attachment 222151

gag 24th January 2020 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
First pic dvd
2nd pic Blu ray

£10 for all lot

Not heard or seen sunrise but with being eureka 2disc contains 2 versions of the film, previously released movietone version and alternative silent version for £2 couldn't walk away for that price .

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 619225)
First pic dvd
2nd pic Blu ray

£10 for all lot

Not heard or seen sunrise but with being eureka 2disc contains 2 versions of the film, previously released movietone version and alternative silent version for £2 couldn't walk away for that price .

Hostiles is brilliant.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th January 2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 619225)

This is the end of a review I wrote of the Sunrise Blu-ray release back in 2009:

"Sunrise is a great film and one that deserves the treatment that Eureka have lavished on it; it’s hard to place it in Murnau’s oeuvre as he created such magnificent films in his short career that each has a claim to be the best he made.

This is one of the finest Blu-ray discs I have seen and whilst it is hard to compare it to something like Cars or Baraka, Sunrise has been such a comprehensive makeover that it deserves a home on any self respecting film fan's shelf. The DVD set is excellent but if you have the equipment, this is a fantastic release and is up there for disc of the year." Slick function

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th January 2020 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of new arrivals. Been really looking forward to Reboot.

Attachment 222173

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th January 2020 02:16 PM

6 Attachment(s)
New arrivals from the last couple of weeks.

I re-bought Jack the Giant Killer as i'm not happy with the US disc i have. It really isn't framed well at all so i hope this British version is more accurate. Shit cover though so i'll put this disc in the US case which has the original artwork.

Nostalgic 25th January 2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 619165)
Same here. Nothing. I had a look on the website on the release day and it changed from pre-order to back-order.

So still no dispatch email & now on back order, not very happy about this as also have my bloody valentine on pre order & need to leave funds in bank in case they send it. Pre-ordering isn't what it used to be (hmv/amazon etc), it's lucky dip if the people you order from have it or not. Watched the Arrow 3 disc blu of HBTC in the meantime, still love it. Reminds me of film fairs with my brother back in the '90's, sadly he's no longer with us.

Hope people get their copies soon.

Dave Boy 25th January 2020 08:51 PM

Yeah, still nothing on House By The Cemetery.
I'll give it a couple more days then contact them. I can pick it up elsewhere.
Glad I never pre ordered My Bloody Valentine.

Demoncrat 26th January 2020 03:40 PM

Pre orders taking some time is it?

Try waiting 2 3/4 years folks. ;):nod::whip:

monkeypedro 27th January 2020 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 619267)
So still no dispatch email & now on back order, not very happy about this as also have my bloody valentine on pre order & need to leave funds in bank in case they send it. Pre-ordering isn't what it used to be (hmv/amazon etc), it's lucky dip if the people you order from have it or not. Watched the Arrow 3 disc blu of HBTC in the meantime, still love it. Reminds me of film fairs with my brother back in the '90's, sadly he's no longer with us.

Hope people get their copies soon.

Just received a dispatch email for House by the Cemetery