Like Tree151217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2020, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Revenge of the living dead girls i remember being released on Redemption video but never saw it at the time.
You did well to avoid that. It would definitely be cut.
Old 17th June 2020, 10:17 PM
Cult Addict

yep i read up on it beforehand, apparently the Redemption version lost almost 3 minutes.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 18th June 2020, 11:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Went to Cex and swapped a couple of old blu-rays - ones that I've upgraded to 4K UHD (which also included another 1080p disc in the case) - for a bd of Stuart Gordon's Dolls. Pleasingly it was in excellent condition. My wife and I have never seen this 80's horror film, should be good fun to check out.

Also ordered a 4K UHD of The Matrix. Thought about buying a Matrix trilogy UHD set but didn't for three reasons: a) the sequels are nowhere near as good, imo anyway b) the 1080p bds look rather good when my player upscales them to 4K c) my wife flat-out refuses to watch those sequels ever again!
Old 18th June 2020, 11:43 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Went to Cex and swapped a couple of old blu-rays - ones that I've upgraded to 4K UHD (which also included another 1080p disc in the case) - for a bd of Stuart Gordon's Dolls. Pleasingly it was in excellent condition. My wife and I have never seen this 80's horror film, should be good fun to check out.

I won't be going to CEX until you have to walk through a decontamination unit prior to entering.

I only own three bottles of disinfectant spray. Not nearly enough to deal with a single disc bought from Cex.
Old 18th June 2020, 11:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I won't be going to CEX until you have to walk through a decontamination unit prior to entering.
I've been working on supermarket check-outs throughout this entire thing, picking up customer's grocery items and taking cash off customers (I've noticed that people with very dirty hands almost always pay cash), so I'm not feeling too concerned about also buying something from Cex.
Old 18th June 2020, 12:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I've been working on supermarket check-outs throughout this entire thing, picking up customer's grocery items and taking cash off customers (I've noticed that people with very dirty hands almost always pay cash), so I'm not feeling too concerned about also buying something from Cex.
Thank you for working through this in an unenviable job, SF.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 18th June 2020, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Good for being a key worker,

Even before the virus I've paid for almost everything on card unless the shop themselves don't use card payments, it's easier not to carry cash around and just whip the card out.
Old 18th June 2020, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran

I considered going to CEX yesterday but thought better of it, people in Liverpool have been out shopping in force. I hate crowds of people in town as it is, but after a 12 week hermit lifestyle it seemed a bit too much so I stayed in

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th June 2020, 01:25 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Good for being a key worker,

Even before the virus I've paid for almost everything on card unless the shop themselves don't use card payments, it's easier not to carry cash around and just whip the card out.
I've been cash free for years now, there was one takeaway that I liked to go to that was cash only but they finally got a card reader late last year so I never have any cash now!

One guy in our office swears by cash, he has his weekly budget, he'll take that cash out on Monday and it has to last him for the whole week and his cards stay at home - I guess if that works for him but that would send me potty

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th June 2020, 01:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've been cash free for years now, there was one takeaway that I liked to go to that was cash only but they finally got a card reader late last year so I never have any cash now!

One guy in our office swears by cash, he has his weekly budget, he'll take that cash out on Monday and it has to last him for the whole week and his cards stay at home - I guess if that works for him but that would send me potty
I like cash when i don't trust places. I'd never pay by card on a night out with the lads or anything like that.

I also need cash to pay my car maintenance as i get a discount for cash. No need to say why.

The other thing is i refuse to use ATM's. I really don't trust them.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!