Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 6th August 2020 07:37 PM

Ferengi :lol: how apt

Have fun, you'll spot a few familiar faces etc etc. :nod::nod:

trebor8273 6th August 2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 632307)
Ferengi :lol: how apt

Have fun, you'll spot a few familiar faces etc etc. :nod::nod:

From little I can remember Arthur would put Quark to shame!

Justin101 6th August 2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 632298)
My purchases this week; Ready or Not from Zoom and the Premium Collection releases from HMV.

Have you seen Ready or Not? I really enjoyed it.

iank 6th August 2020 09:27 PM

Sons and Daughters season 1 confirmed for DVD release in October! :thankingyou:

Can't wait to start reviewing it.

:behindsofa::pound:

Graveyard 6th August 2020 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 226792

Thank you again J.Harker - manage to get Study in Terror & Death Laid an Egg for £10 looking forward to watch both of them .

J Harker 6th August 2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 632323)
Attachment 226792

Thank you again J.Harker - manage to get Study in Terror & Death Laid an Egg for £10 looking forward to watch both of them .

Pleasure mate. I stuck a few things in my basket but when i went back to checkout they'd sold out.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th August 2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 632303)
When Premium Collection titles are 2 for £15, why would you purchase an odd number of titles?

Or were you simply completing the collection and having to get one for a tenner as there was nothing else to get and the tenner is still better than what you would normally pay.

I ordered 10 titles and HMV only sent out what's in stock so I'm waiting for Days of Thunder.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th August 2020 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fincher’s finest?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th August 2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632337)
Fincher’s finest?

I think Se7en is an excellent film but, for me, David Fincher's most assured and accomplished film is Zodiac. I also rate Gone Girl very highly and really like Fight Club, The Game, and The Social Network.

The only film of his I don't rate is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, one I saw at the cinema and have never thought about buying since then.

Justin101 7th August 2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 632339)
I think Se7en is an excellent film but, for me, David Fincher's most assured and accomplished film is Zodiac. I also rate Gone Girl very highly and really like Fight Club, The Game, and The Social Network.

The only film of his I don't rate is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, one I saw at the cinema and have never thought about buying since then.

I agree with this, they're all pretty much top tier but Zodiac is fantastic, and The Social Network has some brilliant scenes in it, really well made.