Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 10th August 2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 632500)
Attachment 226877

One day I might grow up! :pound::pound::pound:

You can get those filthy thoughts of growing up out of your head :lol:

Dave Boy 10th August 2020 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 226893

The atrocious slipcover went straight in the bin!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th August 2020 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One small package arrived at the weekend containing one film I've seen and thought was hilarious (Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping) and one I haven't seen and have high hopes for (All the Money in the World).

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th August 2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 632345)
Is the directors cut of Zodiac an improvement over the original cinema cut?

Can't remember.Not seen the theatrical cut for years....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th August 2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 632495)
Arrived from Zavvi [emoji2] All are blind buys. Looking forward to them all!

Attachment 226876

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An entertaining lineup!:nod:

The weakest film there is Pyjama....

SymbioticFunction 12th August 2020 11:27 AM

Two films arrived today.

A German blu-ray of Clive Barker's Lord of Illusions and a British 4K UHD of Bram Stoker's Dracula by Francis Ford Coppola.

The German Lord of Illusions is the longer director's cut (my prior copy was the UK's theatrical cut bd) which is why I bought it. Also has all the US Shout extras which is nice.

The Dracula film is an upgrade from my ancient 2007 blu-ray and that's what my wife and I are watching today. Really looking forward to it.

A very miscast Keanu Reeves is pretty darn bad in it but there's still loads of great moments imo. :)

SymbioticFunction 12th August 2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632337)
Fincher’s finest?

My favourite is definitely Fight Club. Might rewatch it this week as I haven't had a viewing for ages. btw When I read the book, I was surprised at how close the film adaption was.

Nostalgic 12th August 2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632537)
An entertaining lineup!:nod:

The weakest film there is Pyjama....

Very good selection, I liked Pyjama but it's slow, the commentary is good though! And Rawhead Rex is lots of fun with lots of good extras.

Only thing I got today was the Toho Master Collection Godzilla set (r1) from ebay.

Not all the movies, but more extras than the criterion set.

Does anyone know if there's a list of godzilla movies from kraken releasing? I've got Godzilla 1984/5 but can only find the 4 most recent blu rays they put out, I know they put out a lot on dvd though

trebor8273 12th August 2020 01:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Charity shop finds.

Susan Foreman 12th August 2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 632637)
Does anyone know if there's a list of godzilla movies from kraken releasing? I've got Godzilla 1984/5 but can only find the 4 most recent blu rays they put out, I know they put out a lot on dvd though

Here's three!

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Godzilla vs. Gigan AKA Chikyû kogeki meirei: Gojira tai Gaigan AKA Godzilla on Monster Island (1972)

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Godzilla vs. Hedorah AKA Gojira tai Hedor? AKA Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster (1971)

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster AKA Godzilla, Ebirah, Mothra: Big Duel in the South Seas AKA Gojira, Ebir?, Mosura: Nankai no daiketto AKA Ebirah, Horror of the Deep AKA Ebirah, Terror of the Deep AKA Big Duel in the North