Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 14th January 2021 12:30 PM

I like those 70's Draculas, I know they're not as popular as the 50s/60s ones but the modern setting works for me :)

MrBarlow 14th January 2021 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today.

Attachment 230610

MuckyFunster 14th January 2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 643823)
Found for £5 in Sainsburies. A few other Arrow titles in there at the same price.
Oldboy and American Werewolf in London off the top of my head.Attachment 230528

Third time I've bought this on blu but the original artwork made it essential for the price.

I nicked into Sainsbury’s last night after seeing your post. They had robocop but no American Werewolf, which is what I was after.

I’ve had a couple of lucky Arrow finds in Sainsbury’s - the ‘Hellraiser’ trilogy, and the ‘Withnail and I’ double with ‘How to get ahead in advertising’. Always worth a wee nosey down the media aisle [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 14th January 2021 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also just arrived.

Attachment 230614

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th January 2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 644062)
Arrived today.

Attachment 230610

I watched that Brides of Dracula disc on Saturday night. It has a decent doc on the making of the film on it.

I need to write a proper review at some stage for Brides. Great film, great performance from Cushing, shit vampire though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th January 2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 644077)
I nicked into Sainsbury’s last night after seeing your post. They had robocop but no American Werewolf, which is what I was after.

I’ve had a couple of lucky Arrow finds in Sainsbury’s - the ‘Hellraiser’ trilogy, and the ‘Withnail and I’ double with ‘How to get ahead in advertising’. Always worth a wee nosey down the media aisle [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in to my local Sainsbury's just now too, looking for American Werewolf. Even though i can't play it yet the Arrow blu for a fiver would be an investment. No luck. They didn't stock it, it's not like there was an empty shelf space for it.

Didn't bother with Robocop. It's not really a favourite of mine to be honest.

MrBarlow 14th January 2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 644096)
I watched that Brides of Dracula disc on Saturday night. It has a decent doc on the making of the film on it.

I need to write a proper review at some stage for Brides. Great film, great performance from Cushing, shit vampire though.

Thanks for the head up on the documentary will check it out, David Peel's performance is a bit wooden but decent plot is good and Cushing is always outstanding

Nostalgic 14th January 2021 09:46 PM

Vincent Price Collection (vol 1) from scream factory & Eyeball Compendium (FAB Press) arrived today from ebay.

Memories!!!

trebor8273 15th January 2021 08:29 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Arrived today.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th January 2021 04:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.