Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139411)
Using a 10% off voucher, plus another where you get £5 off when you spend £50 or more, I've just ordered Pontypool, Apocalypse Now and the Scarface cigar box from Zavvi. When there's something else I want from there, I'll place another order for the Lord of the Rings: Extended Editions Blu-ray set which is tantalisingly just below £50!

Is no-one going for the US Scarface release in a cigarbox? Yours for only $999 :pound:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 139410)
Nah, I've sold another unwanted disc as well, so I've got more than when I started. :) How unlucky could I be to get 2 the same? :lol:

You would be extremely unlucky, particularly if there is someone deliberately sabotaging the covers!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 139412)
Is no-one going for the US Scarface release in a cigarbox? Yours for only $999 :pound:

I like the film, but I don't like it enough to spend $1000 on a copy!

nekromantik 29th March 2011 05:56 PM

Im not happy about the LOTR extended editions as they just put all the DVDs from the SE and Extended DVD editions into the boxset! What lazy attitude.
At least Fox put all the alien extras on blu even tho they are in SD.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 06:04 PM

I have The Two Towers and The Return of the King extended editions on DVD and have yet to go through the extra features as I haven't had time yet and I was waiting for the Blu-ray releases so I could do a marathon viewing of all three and then work my way through all the commentaries and hours of supplementary material.

If the extra features are only shot in SD, I have no objections to them being presented on DVD.

nekromantik 29th March 2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139416)
I have The Two Towers and The Return of the King extended editions on DVD and have yet to go through the extra features as I haven't had time yet and I was waiting for the Blu-ray releases so I could do a marathon viewing of all three and then work my way through all the commentaries and hours of supplementary material.

If the extra features are only shot in SD, I have no objections to them being presented on DVD.

i got all the extended discs and watched all of the extras :lol:
very detailed they are!

DVDs in blu package just feels cheap to me. just my opinion. :)

bdc 29th March 2011 07:08 PM

Just arrived... :)

I Know What You Did Last Summer - The Trilogy (Sony)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
- I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 139452)
Just arrived... :)

I Know What You Did Last Summer - The Trilogy (Sony)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
- I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
- I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006)

Think of the direction the series could have gone in if they had made a fourth film called I Know What You're Going to Do This Summer!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 07:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Latest two from you know where...

bdc 29th March 2011 07:16 PM

Very nice haul Reaps! :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139457)
Think of the direction the series could have gone in if they had made a fourth film called I Know What You're Going to Do This Summer!

:lol: those titles!

I've only ever watched the first two films and can't remember a lot from the second one,so decided to pick up the cheap Dutch set...